Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Please help....I am at my wits end....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Default Please help....I am at my wits end....

Hello all, I am new here, but I needed somewhere that I could come and get some information on an issue that I am having. I don't know if this thread belongs here, or if it needs to be moved, and if I posted it in the wrong area, I apologize....

I recently purchased a 2011 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Edition. When we purchased the van, it came with the MyGig radio with DVD, but there was no overhead screen. We talked to the dealer about having the overhead screen installed and hooked up through the system so that it would be identical to having it factory installed. We paid an extra $1000 on the van to have the screen installed. When we arrived to pick up the vehicle, they had installed an Audiovox stand alone DVD player that is not even hooked up to play audio through the stereo.....Needless to say we are LIVID.

In an attempt to get this worked out with the dealership, I contacted a Mopar vendor to see what my cost would be to purchase the setup out right, and after looking at some books he told me that he needed to call someone. When he called back, he said that the part I needed to order was so new that it wasn't in the catalogues yet, and gave me a part number of 82213034AB, and stated that my cost would be $1100.

The problem is, I can't find any information on that Mopar part, and my dealer seems inept, so I am attempting to compile all the appropriate documentation I can to get them to order and install the correct thing.

Can any of you tell me where I can go, or who I can contact to get some more information on the part number: 82213034AB It is supposed to be the LCD screen, wiring harnesses, remote, headphone, and everything that would need to be ordered to complete this issue.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I am to the point that I am ready to tell the dealer to just take the van back if they can't give me what I was promised.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Mopar Online Parts: Chrysler Town & Country Rear Seat Video, DVD (Part No: 82210759AF)

This site has been pretty spot on with prices that I get.

The part number 82213034AB is a Screen without the DVD player for $805.00

I would wait for that part and make them install it or blow the deal. Audiovox.....good lord!

Last edited by TNtech; 07-03-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:35 PM

Sounds like your dealership is not up to snuff...Not knowing how to work on its own vehicle...that's stupid! Look in your manual in the glovebox and in there are #'s and addresses to the big boys in corporate or at least ways to go around these clowns. Same thing happened to me with a convertible roof...local boys stumped but in Indy, fixed in less than a day. Just needed a more knowledgable staff!

Old 07-05-2012, 06:12 AM

TNtech, thanks for the information on the part number I was given. Does that mean that it is the screen only, and not the whole assembly with the wiring harness and all the accessories to go with it? I was under the impression that it came with everything needed to install the screen.

Robert, that is a great idea. I will be contacting Chrysler this morning regarding this issue. I am not sure what they will be able to do to help me since I bought this van as a program vehicle from a Lincoln/Subaru dealer, but maybe they have some information they could give me that would come in handy in my battle.....

Thanks for the quick replies guys, it helps to settle my mind a little that I am not the only one that has had this crap happen....

Old 07-06-2012, 01:28 PM

PART #82213034AB = LCD MONITOR W/O DVD

Not much customer assistance can do regarding a used vehicle service dispute at a non-authorized dealer.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Wallace
TNtech, thanks for the information on the part number I was given. Does that mean that it is the screen only, and not the whole assembly with the wiring harness and all the accessories to go with it? I was under the impression that it came with everything needed to install the screen.

Robert, that is a great idea. I will be contacting Chrysler this morning regarding this issue. I am not sure what they will be able to do to help me since I bought this van as a program vehicle from a Lincoln/Subaru dealer, but maybe they have some information they could give me that would come in handy in my battle.....

Thanks for the quick replies guys, it helps to settle my mind a little that I am not the only one that has had this crap happen....
Tell them to sublet the install out to a Chrysler dealer. Besides you will want to get familiar with them anyway for recalls and what-not in the future. There's probably going to be some module build configuration they'll have to do after the install. When dealers farm out things to each other they get lower labor rates and stuff.

I gave you both numbers because I didn't know if this was going to be a fresh install, or the van you bought had the screen robbed out of it.

Last edited by TNtech; 07-06-2012 at 08:13 PM.