Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possessed 2008 Chrysler T&C Limited

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Default Possessed 2008 Chrysler T&C Limited

I have a 2008 Chrysler TC Limited 4.0 that I am having electrical issues with. It starts fine but while driving its like everything blanks out for a second as if the key was shut off and on again. All the gauges will reset, all the instrument lights come on, the wipers cycle, the lights flash on, the power seat will adjust while driving, the radio turns off then on, but the engine is not affected and it doesn't reset the clock or anything when it happens.

Sometimes it happens once randomly, other times it will do it multiple times in a row. It seems to happen more often in warmer weather, when you first start driving, when the AC is on and when the engine is at low rpm.

Today it acted up big time, while driving the seat kept moving back and forth in addition to the other problems and for a bit it didn't want to respond to any of the push buttons for pwr door open or unlock.

any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You

Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 AM

Good starting places are the TIPM and WIN modules. They've been creating electrical havoc on these vans. TIPM is your fuse box. It's much more than that. WIN is the ignition switch. Try tapping, shaking, and inspecting for corrosion especially on the TIPM and it's connections.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:40 AM

Must have been fun driving it with that mad seat!
I have read that removing the IOD fuse for half an hour has a big effect. Worth a try, costs nothing. Keep us informed, I have something up my sleeve re. this one, i.e. when a micro goes insane.

Leedsman.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 PM

I will give those a try. A few other things I noticed today, It usually doesn't act up until the vehicle is in drive. It had happened while in park but once you put the vehicle in drive it goes crazy, also if the AC is on it acts up a lot worse. Sometimes it goes off again and again, sometimes it will drive an hour without acting up. The seat makes it really interesting driving moving forward and back. The best part is the looks you get driving with the lights flashing, wipers wiping, seat moving forward and back.... pretty interesting stuff.