Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power door lock and sliding door problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Default Power door lock and sliding door problems

I am new to the forum, so I apologize if this is a repeat posting...

I have a 2007 Town and Country. When I use the lock switches in either driver or passenger doors (or the fob), only the passenger door lock does anything. I don't hear anything from the other door locks, so I figured it was something electronic. Is this a common thing on these? Does anyone know where I should start with this? I was going to pull the door panel off of the driver door and do some checking.

Also the power doors seem to work one time and not another time. I'm not really sure what is going on there.

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 10-03-2013, 04:20 PM

Some history would help.. Have you had this vehicle all along or did you just get it?
How about the rear hatch lock? does it lock/unlock? Have you reset the locks? Does the doors lock at 15mph? Do you have a owners manual?

and... yes it's a common problem for the door lock actuators to fail.. Mainly because they are always being subjected to "shock" of open and slamming shut.. Some day car manufactures will reverse the door operations by putting the actuators in a stable position such as the door post instead of the moving door..

Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 AM

I have had the vehicle for 3 years. The rear hatch lock seems to work fine. How do you reset the locks? I'm not sure about what actually controls everything. In other words I wasn't sure if there was some control module that would be responsible or if the driver door switch was linked to it or if just the actuators are not working.

I'll probably get a factory service manual and go through that. Just wasn't sure what others on here have run into with this. Seems like a common issue on these vans.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:40 AM

This is SUCH a common problem

2005 Town and Country door lock problem

See if anything in that thread helps...

Old 10-04-2013, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by dakrt360a
I am new to the forum, so I apologize if this is a repeat posting...

I have a 2007 Town and Country. When I use the lock switches in either driver or passenger doors (or the fob), only the passenger door lock does anything. I don't hear anything from the other door locks, so I figured it was something electronic. Is this a common thing on these? Does anyone know where I should start with this? I was going to pull the door panel off of the driver door and do some checking.

Also the power doors seem to work one time and not another time. I'm not really sure what is going on there.

Any help would be appreciated!
Try : ReSetting the data BUS by pulling the NEG battery lead for 15 minutes