Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Power Sliding Door

Old 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Default Power Sliding Door

ok.. i have been so proud of myself over the years for fixing this problem with our power doors not working properly.... even offered advice ( along with others ) on this forum of my experiences....usually a broken wire inside the plastic chain at bottom of door .... however... now it is me who needs you guys... someone has seen this i am sure....after repairing the passenger door wires in the chain more than once and having success... this time when it acted up i decided i would just replace entire harness ( oem $125 bucks) and be done with it.... however... now door will open but just humms when trying to close ... also have noticed driver door is beginning to act weird also... sometime works fine... sometimes just humms opening or closing.... almost like its a signal not going thru... key fob and console button same... help please.. i am really duped this time... disconnected battery for 10 minutes to see if something would reset... no good.. thanks alot forum

Old 01-10-2017, 07:44 AM

hi there,

When you say it just humms, can you describe it a bit more? Is it the motor running but not making any actual movement, or does it sound like a stuck motor (or the whirr-clunk that the lock puller mechanism makes at the end of the close?).
What if you 'help' it when trying to close, can you feel the motor trying/working with you, or against you (perhaps motor running in wrong direction)?

It sounds to me like it's meeting too much friction trying to close the door and failing so would suggest something hasn't gone back into place right with the fit, as I can't see it being electrical otherwise I'd not expect the open to work either. The only possible other thing is the power to the motor, are the wires the right thickness comparing them to the originals? As if the wires are too thin they might not be providing enough current for the beefy door motors to run properly (This would be a bad situation as could cause an overheat on the wires also)

Old 01-10-2017, 08:53 AM

Sounds like resistance as in obstruction same a a window up command stopping when the child's hand through the open window creates of itself a physical resistance. Onlyactivates in Park or Neutral of course. 09 GV pdf here but gives lots of info.

t of Park or Neutral.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:43 AM

yes... sounds like motor is working for sure.... just not moving door to close...opening just fine... harness is mopar oem and plugged in and secure perfectly like original.... noticed when door opens to full it releases just a little before it stops... maybe an inch... both doors... never noticed that before... i will check for obstruction and lube where needed and let u guys know... strange... driver door will do same thing ( sometimes ) on the open command... just motor humm... i put new lock actuator in passenger side last year because it would not lock.... worked fine up until another wire broke last week in chain.....more to come , thanks, appreciate ya

Old 01-20-2017, 02:57 PM

ok here comes the update... after about 3 days doors started working fine and i thought maybe something just had to reset... computer cycles or somethin ? was all excited and they worked for week or so and now back to same ole... opens fine all way back, then releases just an inch or so and then wont close , just humms... lost big time... know dealer fairly well in NC where i will be in month so i will ask him if he has seen this before... somebody has surely