Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear air con

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Default Rear air con

My rear air con does not work on my 08 town and country, the front works great. It does still blow out warm air through all the vents...just not a/c
Would this be a problem with the blower motor resistor, if so where will I find the rear one. It does still blow out warm air through all the vents...just not a/c

Old 07-12-2012, 02:34 PM

If there is no air being blown from the rear a/c it may be the blower motor or resistor

If there is air being blown but its not cold it may be the rear a/c evaporator.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 PM

Thanks for getting back to me, there is air but it blows warm, where would we find the evaporator

Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM

The rear A/C evaporator is located within the rear heater-A/C housing, behind the right interior quarter panel trim. The rear A/C evaporator is positioned in the rear heater-A/C housing so that all air entering the housing must pass over the evaporator fins before it is distributed through the rear heating-A/C system ducts and outlets. However, air passing over the rear evaporator fins will only be conditioned when the A/C compressor is engaged and circulating refrigerant through the A/C evaporator.

The A/C expansion valve is connected and sealed to the A/C evaporator tubes by use of rubber O-ring seals and a tapping plate.

The rear A/C evaporator can only be serviced by removing and disassembling the rear heater-A/C housing.

Refrigerant enters the rear A/C evaporator from the rear A/C expansion valve as a low-temperature, low-pressure mixture of liquid and gas. As air flows over the fins of the rear A/C evaporator, the humidity in the air condenses on the fins, and the heat from the air is absorbed by the refrigerant. Heat absorption causes the refrigerant to boil and vaporize. The refrigerant becomes a low-pressure gas when it leaves the rear A/C evaporator.

The A/C evaporator has no serviceable parts except for the O-ring seals. The O-ring seals used on the connections are made from a special type of rubber not affected by R-134a refrigerant. The O-ring seals must be replaced whenever the rear A/C expansion valve is removed from the rear A/C evaporator.

The rear A/C evaporator cannot be repaired and must be replaced if leaking or damaged.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Default Rear AC Fix...not, but I'm Happy

I live in the colder NE and don't need the rear AC, so I had my creative mechanic cut and plug the tubing of the rear AC. The front AC is enough; the rear heater still works...easy solution if you're not fussy.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by canadatown
My rear air con does not work on my 08 town and country, the front works great. It does still blow out warm air through all the vents...just not a/c
Would this be a problem with the blower motor resistor, if so where will I find the rear one. It does still blow out warm air through all the vents...just not a/c
Model year? 3 zone automatic system or 2 zone manual?