Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

rear fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Default rear fog lights

Hi
My rear fog lights don't work------am I right in assuming that there should be one on each side??
The fog light bulb is the bottom one in the cluster---so any moisture in the unit drops onto the area of that bulb----one is VERY rusty the other side just a little 'white rust'---I am getting a low voltage at the bulb---checked bulbs-OK.
Anyone know which wire going into the cluster is the fog light-?---If I have power to that I may be able to link into the cluster----or tap into it and fit a separate light---I NEVER use the fog light --it is just to satisfy the MOT.
If there is no power at the back-----any idea where I can tap into the circuit ?? (the front fog lights work---do these and rear only work together?)
Nigel & Pamala

Old 08-07-2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by sundowners
Hi
My rear fog lights don't work------am I right in assuming that there should be one on each side??
The fog light bulb is the bottom one in the cluster---so any moisture in the unit drops onto the area of that bulb----one is VERY rusty the other side just a little 'white rust'---I am getting a low voltage at the bulb---checked bulbs-OK.
Anyone know which wire going into the cluster is the fog light-?---If I have power to that I may be able to link into the cluster----or tap into it and fit a separate light---I NEVER use the fog light --it is just to satisfy the MOT.
If there is no power at the back-----any idea where I can tap into the circuit ?? (the front fog lights work---do these and rear only work together?)
Nigel & Pamala
Forgot to add------11volts on one side 8 volts on the other------I am lost on auto electrics since the '60s----I don't understand how it can read 11v and the light not work
Nigel