Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Remote Central Locking has Low Range.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Default Remote Central Locking has Low Range.

Yes same as both my remote keys and both keys have new batteries. I have to stand right next to car windows to get it to lock/unlock.
Reading about an Audi car with this fault and I thought maybe the fault with my 2003 Voyager is not because my car is getting old (like me) at all.
So I read on. The A6 here has a remote aerial built into the rear screen with a wire running back to the ignition lock. So is this how Voyager works.
With the Audi they could test the signal strength of the remote key via VAG-Com diagnostic tool and with remote held right up to rear screen aerial the signal was below minimum required. Sounds like mine I thought again.
Shielded wire to Ignition Switch was checked for continuity and found ok.
Ahhhh wait, Oh no, main stealer has to code new switch into system due to sophisticated immobiliser system.
So guys, yet to here about this on here, well me anyway.
So Escape route needed via tunnel under Main Stealer, what's the answer.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:14 PM

HiYa Goggsie, mine unlocks from 20-30+ foot away in any direction fore or aft or port & starboard mate! Anyone else come across Goggsies problem >?

Old 11-19-2014, 03:13 PM

Yes it also said fob should unlock up to 10 metres or more. Come on Guys there must be someone/s else.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:04 AM

Mine locks/Unlocks from about 3 miles away

Old 11-20-2014, 06:07 AM

Could be a doggy set of new fob batteries? That's happened to me in the past...

Old 11-20-2014, 07:25 AM

80/100 a door lock error is related to a BUS error, so whilst it can be 1000 other things first job is always to reset the door lock error code first by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes to reset the body puter, modules and BUS

Old 11-20-2014, 07:38 AM

I have exactly the same issue but with only one key my other key works fine.

With my lazy key I have to sometimes stand right next to the car to lock/unlock and none of the other functions on the remote register like opening sliding doors and tailgate.

I have even got the main dealers to reprogram the key and still same issue even with the battery changed.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:13 AM

Goggsy, my remote works from inside the house. You could always try this trick to boost your signal:

Old 11-20-2014, 01:17 PM

Yeh tried the Fob under chin and still same. Was no difference after changing main/Starter Battery.
Fayraz has something there relating to the key fob, whether its battery or signal related.
Or is it receiver in car that has a weak connection.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:55 PM

I didn't think you'd need to lock your car living in the sticks where you are Goggsy

Quick Reply: Remote Central Locking has Low Range.