Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Key Aftermarket Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:33 PM
tfb

you are more than welcome to come over one day this week.

A quick test you can do it to power the entry unit and operate the fob while checking the resistance between the white and yellow wires and/or the white/black to the yellow/black (depending if you are locking or unlocking)

Regards
Richard

Old 06-24-2014, 03:44 AM

Hi Richard

Yes ill try that but would i have to remove the resistors i have already soldered in the white and black white wires to get a proper reading

Regards Pete

Old 06-24-2014, 10:32 AM
tfb

leave the resistors in, instead of reading a 0 Ohms, you'll read 150 or 560 Ohms (I think they were the values of resistors)

Regards
Richard

Old 06-25-2014, 04:09 PM

Hi Thanks for that Richard

Yes that's the right ohms for each.... Ill try this tomorrow haven't had much time today ill let you know what the readings are then

Pete............

Old 06-28-2014, 04:25 PM

Hi again Richard

Well been a bit of a busy week this week but anyway got back to it today and the results where varied each time i clicked the remote on either wire it changed quite a bit occasionally it came up right sometimes it did,nt register at all but each time unit clicked like it was working.. does this mean the unit is faulty ?

Pete........

Old 06-29-2014, 02:29 AM
tfb

as long as your meter probes were properly connected then yes, you have a faulty unit.

When you press the lock button on the fob then the unit operates a relay which closes a contact between the lock wire and common ( yellow and yellow black I think). Same for the unlock function (white and black white). If you are not getting a consistent closing of those contacts then you are buggered.

Regards

Richard

Old 06-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Thank you Richard

The probes where connected to the yellow black and the white black wires, i just wrapped the ends of the wires around the probes tightly and it was the same for the white and yellow wires

The unit itself,s wires where connected and bolted direct to the battery, i just couldn't get a stable reading from it at all sometimes it was right next time it was down then up sometimes nothing at all it was crazy

Ill get back on to the company where i got it from tomorrow

Thank you ill let you know how i get on

regards
Pete..

Old 06-30-2014, 08:36 AM

Ive contacted the company i got the kit from and they have asked me to send it back to them for testing if found to be faulty then they will replace it

ill let you know what happens

Pete........

Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 AM

Hi there

UPDATE

I sent the unit back to where i had it from like they requested, and on testing it found no fault on any channels so anyway they are replacing it for me today with a complete new one so that should be here with me tomorrow

Pete...........

Old 07-11-2014, 06:17 AM

I have the unit back now its a new unit with fobs but with my original wiring loom ill let you all know how i get on with it

regards
Pete.......

Quick Reply: Remote Key Aftermarket Kit