Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

remote keyless entry fob

Old 06-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Default remote keyless entry fob

hi i bought a new remote fob 5 button type (open unlock left,right electric opening slide doors,tailgate) does any1 know how i programme this to the voyager? i have orginal 1 which works but a rubber bit missing and pictures missing so bought a new 1, but having trouble programming it plz help, thank you its a 2001 crd limited grand voyager thanks

Old 06-17-2012, 02:01 PM

Hi,

I am not sure if this procedure will work for the fob you are describing, but this is the standard routine for reprogramming another key fob.

You will need a working fob to programme a new one, otherwise a scan tool if you do not have any working key fobs.

Using the functional key fob transmitter, unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.

Insert the key into the ignition switch. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting the engine.

Using the functional fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum 4 seconds and a maximum of 10 seconds.

While holding the UNLOCK button, and before 10 seconds passes, press and release the PANIC button. A single chime will sound to verify that the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Codes. Release both the buttons.

Within 30 seconds of the chime, press any button on the new key fob transmitter.

After 30 seconds the RKE module will end the programming mode. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer receive any additional Vehicle Access Codes.

When Vehicle Access Code programming is complete, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and check the RKE system operation by using the new key fob.

Best wishes,
HH

Old 06-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Default keyfob

hi hellahaggis cheers for info but silly question which button are calling the panic button? i have 5 buttons, 1 to unlock, 1 to lock, 1 to open close left sliding door, 1 to open close right sliding door, and 1 to open close tailgate ta

Old 06-17-2012, 06:02 PM

We don't have [unless its an import] the 6 button fob with 'panic' in the UK. I assume from the fact its a CRD you are in the UK

Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Default keyfob

Hi yes its english crd 2.5 limited edition with a 5 button fob ta

Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by woody1
Hi yes its english crd 2.5 limited edition with a 5 button fob ta
- don't know about the 2001 or the 2.5CRD
- if you very carefully dissemble the PCB in the fob
- and look at the side where the buttons push
- you might find the elusive panic [6th] button at the bottom

Of course it doesn't have a fob button, but in its naked state it can be pressed, and the advice given by HellasHaggis can be followed. Reassemble when finished.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 AM

Hi guys sorry to hi jack this post but ive searched thoroughly and not be able to find the answer. I'm trying to reprogram a two button remote. Ive follwed HellasHaggis's instructions which seem to work up to the point of the panic button which i don't have. I have tried QinteQ suggestion of disassembling the remote n ive tried all buttons with no joy.

So I'd like to know, does this mean that the two button cannot be programmed in this way and its main dealer only.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 AM

Hi Tom,

I don't know if the two button version has the extra connector for the panic button on the PCB (printed circuit board) of the fob, which is located directly above the tailgate switch in the 5 button version.

If not, sadly everyone I asked all refered me back to a dealer or the use of a scan tool.

Originally Posted by TomC
So I'd like to know, does this mean that the two button cannot be programmed in this way and its main dealer only.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by TomC
Hi guys sorry to hi jack this post but ive searched thoroughly and not be able to find the answer. I'm trying to reprogram a two button remote. Ive follwed HellasHaggis's instructions which seem to work up to the point of the panic button which i don't have. I have tried QinteQ suggestion of disassembling the remote n ive tried all buttons with no joy.

- how many buttons was all buttons my friend, were there 5 or 6 ?
- this is the standard Euro 5 button fob
- on here you can see where the 6th button would be if you open the remote

Now as far as your can it ? question, I'm not sure maybe others can help, as far as I'm aware any functioning fob can be programmed if you have 2 remotes one of which must have a panic button, that after all is what sends the instruction.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the link QinteQ, a friend was just asking me yesterday where he could buy a 5 button fob for his GV.

Originally Posted by QinteQ
- this is the standard Euro 5 button fob
- on here you can see where the 6th button would be if you open the remote

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: remote keyless entry fob