Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RES MP3,Sat,CD, Etc. Etc. Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Default RES MP3,Sat,CD, Etc. Etc. Radio

Hi all I am curious about the difficulty installing a RES model radio (which I know has MP3,CD,Sat, and looks like possibly GPS or maybe its the Uconnect symbols and a info button on it and it has a bit bigger)
Into a 2005 T&C Touring? I do not see this model in my service manuals but I was hoping I may get real lucky today as I found it for $55.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM

I was most concerned with wiring not with if it will fit right in dash hole without mods as I can easily buy another bezel to modify to allow room, I just wanted to make sure it was possible and not something that was a forsure no go due to computer or coding issues etc.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Ok.... a Few details..... That is a "CAN-BUS" based radio....It wires in completely differently. SAT feature on an RES , or any Chrysler Group Radio for that matter, will need a seperate Sattelite reciever, it isnt part of the radio, But rather a Little "PANCAKE" that sits behind the dash.

A word about MP3's..... Unless you have a My-GIG...(Which wont even come close yo going into your van) There is No MP3 Compatible Factory stereo. What they do offer, is an AUX input for Portable media.... (Lower right hand Corner). Chrysler Minivans were Not CAN-C until 2008, so you have a ton of stuff to chose from in your year range, with MOST of the same Features as what your looking at as well as ON-SCREEN NAV units, (Which I happen to really like...I'll get you the Model ID's when I get to the shop in the AM.

A word of caution though.....Chrysler sound systems DO NOT TAKE KINDLY to "HOME MADE CD's"....Some work , But most dont ..So the general rule is dont Count on it. If you have your 200 disc set of All Your Teenage classics, that you spent Months working on, Factory is probably not for you...

Old 04-27-2011, 06:13 AM

LOL I dont even listen to same style music now, Nor do I really burn many cd's anymore what I think would be best for me is to find a system that will play a MP3 disc or has ability to control a Ipod, I am a 180 degree opposite of norm. I listened to pop and rap (RUN-DMC basically as that was about it). Now I listen to super heavy metal like slipknot,Trivium, As I Lay Dying etc. Plus as an example I like high quality sound where you can feel as well as hear the music now In my home studio type thing I have 2 Concert PA cabinets with one 15" LF driver two 5 1/4" mids one 1" HF horns. I use two Peavey CS-800 amps bridged each for the 15's and a CS-400 running the mids and HF Horns as they need much less power, a Behringer X-over to send proper signals to proper amps and a Alesis M-EQ230 1/3 octave equalizer.
So I can Shake the windows real hard with 2000 wats of REAL Clean power.
I only wish I could use it in van as it would be SWEET, If I did not blow out a window or shake it apart lol.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Ha that's funny!

My music tastes have changed in the EXACT same way. I used to be all about the rap music back in the days. I still listen to it. But now, my genres list on my radio has hard rock and metal; including Slipnot. I also have some Marylin in there.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:55 AM

I still have some DMC as I have found with better Subs they actually had awesome bass that I had not heard with my older systems.
I am glad to see I am not the only one Going the opposite direction with age, I remember everyone who was "older" complained about Music to loud or to heavy back then.