Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

setting the universal garage door openers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 01:38 AM
Default setting the universal garage door openers?

just bought a 2001 chrysler town & country limited about 2 weeks and i love it. but dont have a manual yet. can someone instruct me on how to set the door openers?

Old 06-05-2005, 02:25 PM
ace
Default RE: setting the universal garage door openers?

sorry buddy everthing i got tells me to look in the owners manual do you have one on order or is the dealer trying to get you one (hint sometimes a used car dealer can get you one if you ask nice they take it from another car is all.
i know it can do rolling and non rolling codes but as far as the exact programing i will try and get it from work and get back to ya on this one

Old 06-15-2005, 11:05 PM

Try this. . . .

Press any two adjacent door remote buttons (on the overhead console) for 30-45 seconds to 'erase' any code currently set-up.

Next - With one of your garage door opener's (factory) remote (and near the opener, itself - - - I do it inside the garage) hold the factory remote next to one of the buttons in the van and press both the factory remote button and the van's button until a little 'house' in the overhead console starts to flash.

That's it!! You're done!

The key is pressing and holding the two together. The van's system is 'learning' the code.

Repeat the process for any other garage door opener you want to program, using one of the other two buttons.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:01 AM

I've tried this half a dozen times, must be something I'm missing???

Any help is appreciated.

Ron
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-16-2007, 08:31 AM

Press and hold buttons 1 & 3 for 5-10 seconds to erase existing programming.

Then press and hold the button you want to program simultaneously with the door-opener button... HOLD the opener within a few inches (I had to like, hold mine against the ceiling) of the button you're programming. Light will flash slowly at first, then fast when it's 'learned' your garage door opener remote code.

NOW go to your garage door opener and activate the 'program' feature (my Genie just has a PROGRAM button on the unit itself - others might be on the wall-mounted pad). Now you just follow your openers instructions on programming a new remote. Ba-da-bing.

Good luck!

Old 02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Default It worked

thank you thank you thank you. Can't believe it was so easy. It is an automatic gate opener but worked perfect.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:04 AM

I don't think we have that option in the Chrysler Voyager It would be nice if we did.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Default Not To Drag Up An Old Post, But ...

I am having the same issue programming my Homelink to my Genie door opener. I have followed these steps to the T (many, many times now) and still do not get anything. Last night I watched my opener's LED as I was programming and it does nothing. When I press my genie opener remote, the opener LED flashes quickly when I press the button on the remote and it does it the second time, then it operates the door on the third press. When trying this with the Homelink buttons, nothing happens, the opener LED just flashes slowly and never changes. Is it possible that the Homelink transmitter is bad?

Old 06-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Default Chamberlain Opener

I had a heck of a time trying to program my Homelink with my Chamberlain opener until I found this. Worked like a charm.

Before starting, set up a ladder to access the "Learn" button on the garage door opener. No need to depress the button at this time. Also made sure the car does not obstruct the passage of the garage door, as it is activated during this procedure.

1. Turn on key.

2. Clear the Chrysler Homelink.

3. Hold the Chamberlain remote about three inches away from the Homelink keypad.

4. Depressed and hold the appropriate Homelink keypad.

5. Depressed and hold the Chamberlain remote keypad until the Homelink says "Trained". Releas both.

6. Get out of the car and climb the ladder to access the "Learn" button. Briefly depressed the "Learn" button.

Note: The LED came on, but the opener's light did not flash yet.

7. Within the allotted 30 second period, returned to the vehicle and depress the chosen keypad.

The opener's light will flash indicating a handshake between the opener, and the vehicle's Homelink. You can then test.