Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Is there a gimic to the warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Default Is there a gimic to the warranty?

I'm just wondering if the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty Chrysler is offering is for real? The dealer told me there is no limit on miles or time. If it is real I wonder if others can tell me the best place to buy the warranty.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

U would haft to see a dealer the people that sell that warranty would be the ones U want to talk to they will have all the Do's and dont's with that product. Go right to the source you would not buy milk from a butcher would ya?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM

Your dealer can give you full details on plans and pricing. You can also visit the Mopar Vehicle Protection website at Chrysler Group Service Contracts for more information.

Below is a list of all the items covered by the Maximum Care Lifetime Service Contract. You also get Roadside Assistance, Rental Car Provisions, Trip Interuption (The Plan will pay up to $1,000 for lodging, meals, and emergency transportation such as taxi, bus, or airline for you and your family if (1) your vehicle is inoperable due to a failure covered under this Plan or under the factory warranty, and (2) you are more than 100 miles from the address of record.)

If you have questions please contact Mopar Vehicle Protection Enrollment Headquarters directly at 1-800-442-2666.

COVERAGE UNDER THE PLAN: WHAT IS COVERED? The plan will pay the total cost (parts and labor) less a deductible per visit, to correct any of the following mechanical failures, caused by a defect in materials or workmanship of a covered component and are not covered by the vehicle’s factory warranty. The only exceptions are those listed under “What is not covered by the Plan”.

COMPONENTS COVERED BY THE PLAN INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
STEERING: Steering Gear Housing and all Internal Parts; Power Steering Gear; Power Steering Pump; Steering Shaft Lower Coupling; Rack and Pinion Assembly; Seals and Gaskets.

AIR CONDITIONING: Factory or Manufacturer-authorized air conditioning installations only. Air Conditioning Compressor, Clutch, Coil, Condenser, Evaporator, Receiver-Drier, Expansion Valve, Hoses and Lines, Low Pressure Cut-Off Switch, High Pressure Cut-off Switch, Clutch Cycling Switch, Instrument Panel Control Assembly, Power Module, Air Conditioning/Heater Blower Motor; Seals and Gaskets.

ENGINE COOLING & FUEL: Cooling Fan, Clutch and Motor; Radiator; Coolant Temperature Switch; Fuel Pump; Water Pump and Housing; Fuel Tank Sending Unit; Fuel Tank and Lines; Serpentine Belt Tensioner; Seals and Gaskets.

FRONT SUSPENSION: Struts; Strut Mounting Plates, Bushings and Bearings; Upper and Lower Control Arms; Control Arm Shafts; Control Arm Bushings; Upper and Lower Ball Joints; Front Wheel Bearings.

REAR SUSPENSION: Rear Leaf Springs; Rear Coil Springs; Auxiliary Springs; Spring Interliner; Spring Bushing; Spring Shackle; U-Bolt Rear Spring; Spring Hanger; Axle Trac Bar; Lateral Link Arm; Shock Mount Plate; Rear Trailing Arm Assembly; Stabilizer/Sway Bar; Stabilizer/Sway Bar Link; Stabilizer/Sway Bar Bushing;

ELECTRICAL: Starter Motor and Solenoid; Generator (Alternator);Engine Control Module - (Single Module Engine Controller) (SMEC); Powertrain Control Module; Distributor; Ignition Coil; Coil Pack Assembly; Voltage Regulator; Horn and Horn Pad; Transmission Control Module.

EXPANDED ELECTRICAL: All Wiring Harnesses; Electronic Fuel Injection System (excluding clogged injectors); Windshield Wiper Motor; Rear Window Wiper Motor; Wiper Control Module; Manually Operated Electrical Switches; Park Neutral Position Switch; Temperature Sending Unit/Switch; Oil Pressure Sending Unit/Switch; Body Computer; Body Control Module. Factory Installed Radio and Speakers (Includes CD and Tape Player).

POWER GROUP: Rear Window Defroster; Power Window Motors; Power Window Flex Track; Power Antenna; Power Seat Motors; Power Door Locks and Linkage.

LUXURY GROUP: Keyless Entry Receiver/Module; Trip Computer; Message Center; Overhead Electronic Vehicle Information Center; Overhead Electronic Compass/ Temperature; Power Sunroof Motor; Convertible Top Motor; Electric Mirror Motor and Controls; Cruise Control Servo; Headlight Door Motor; Concealed Headlamp Module.

NOTE: ANY REMOTE TRANSMITTER IS NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.

MOPAR ACCESSORIES: The following Mopar accessories are covered provided they were installed by a Chrysler authorized facility; Audio Systems (including Compact Disc and Cassette Players); Rear Seat Video System; Air Conditioning Systems; Speed Control; EVS (Security Systems); Clocks; Remote Trunk Release; Power Steering; Remote Control Outside Mirrors; Power Sliding Rear Windows (trucks); Transmission Oil Cooler.

INSTRUMENTATION: Electronic Instrument Cluster; Amp/Voltmeter Gauge; Fuel Gauge; Temperature Gauge; Tachometer; Oil Pressure Gauge; Turbo Gauge; Speedometer.
BRAKES: Master Cylinder; Assist Booster; Wheel Cylinders; Disc Brake Calipers and Pistons; Brake Lines, Hoses, Fittings; Proportioning Valve; Seals and Gaskets.

NOTE: BRAKE SHOES, PADS, ROTORS, AND DRUMS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
ANTI-LOCK BRAKES (ABS): Brake System’s Hydraulic Assembly; Pump Motor Assembly; Controller; Sensors and Relays; Seals and Gaskets.

Last edited by ChryslerCares; 10-15-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 PM

Hey. I get milk at my butcher shop!!

But anyway, I agree with you.... ask the source, not public opinion.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:44 PM

I understand going to the source but also know the people that benefit from selling it are going to paint a great picture and was just wondering if anyone else had any positive or negative experiences. I didn't think that would be a problem.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 PM

Thanks Chrysler Care for the detailed information. I appreciate it.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 AM

Your very welcome lovetocamp.

Service contract pricing can often be negotiated with the dealer. I would suggest getting a quote and shop that price around to find the option that is best suited for you.

Good luck!