Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure reset

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Default Tire pressure reset

Can someone please tell me how to reset the tire pressure warning light.
The pressure in the tires is correct but the light comes on when it gets cold.
I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Old 12-03-2007, 04:18 PM
moe
Default RE: Tire pressure reset

what year car do have?what model.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:18 AM

2006 Town and Country

Thanks

Old 12-04-2007, 11:22 AM

I have a 2006 Town and Country. A while back I found a reset sequence
on the web that worked. I thought it was so simple I wouldnt forget it so I never bookmarked it. Now I cannot seem to reset it. I thought it was something like 1) Ignition off
2) Reset and T/C button
3) Ignition on
4) Hold till I get version number on console.

When I do it now all I get is "passed" on the console.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
moe

hey rakr i looked on the chrysler web site for resetting the light but didn't find anything,however i did see a tsb about tire monitor lights coming on when car sits in cold weather.its says to check tire pressure after car has been sitting out side after 3 hours and make adjustments.their saying that tire pressures are dropping and causing light to come on.you might have to bump up your pressures.i can email to you if you like.drop me a line.moe

Old 12-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Yes, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I did check the pressure. I have 35 PSI but it TPMS still pops on. For some reason they wont tell the consumer how to reset ( but I have done it before from the overhead console).

This is really annoying and when my lease is up I will really question whether I want to deal with this. Why not give us the choice to reset it. Now the light is on and I wont go back to the dealership for a 5th time to deal with it - so I effectively have no TPMS now.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:45 PM

Moe, I live in Staten Island (but I hate Manfredi Chrysler). If you tell me how to reset I will buy my next Van from you.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 PM
moe

hey rakr this all i found but no tire reset.play around with this you might get lucky..moe ELECTRONIC VEHICLE INFORMATION CENTER PROGRAMMING
EVIC PROGRAMMING MODE
Some vehicles are equipped with a Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) equipped overhead console. The Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) provides the vehicle operator with a user interface, which allows the selection of several optional customer programmable electronic features to suit individual preferences. The EVIC must be placed into its programming mode in order to view or change the programmable features. To enter the EVIC programming mode and to view or change the selected programmable features options, proceed as follows:
[ol][*]Turn the ignition switch to the On position.[*]Depress and release the Menu push button. The first item in the programmable features menu list will appear in the EVIC display.[*]Momentarily depress and release the Menu push button to step through the programmable features list. Each programmable feature and its currently selected option will appear on the EVIC display in the sequence shown in the Programmable Features list that follows.[*]Momentarily depress and release the Step push button to step through the available options for the programmable feature being displayed.[*]The option that last appears in the display with a programmable feature before exiting the programming mode, becomes the newly selected programmable feature option.[*]The EVIC exits the programming mode and returns to its normal operating mode when the C/T push button is depressed or when the end of the programmable features menu list is reached, whichever occurs first.[/ol]
PROGRAMMABLE FEATURES
NOTE: Tire pressure monitoring (TPM) system information is not covered in this section of the service manual. Refer to the tires/wheels section of this manual for detailed tire pressure monitoring system information.
[ul][*]LANGUAGE?[/b] - The options include English, Francaise, Deutsch, Italiana, or Espanol. The default is English. All EVIC display nomenclature, including the trip computer functions, warning messages and the programmable features appear in the selected language.[*]DISPLAY U.S. OR METRIC?[/b] - The options include U.S. and M. The default is U.S. This feature toggles the trip computer temperature, fuel economy and odometer display readings between U.S. and metric units of measure. It also changes the odometer display in the instrument cluster.[*]SERVICE INTV. =[/b] - The options include from 3200 to 12000 kilometers in 800 kilometer increments (2000 to 7500 miles in 500 mile increments). The default is 12000 kilometers (7500 miles). The selected distance becomes the interval at which the Perform Service warning message will be displayed by the EVIC. If a new distance is selected, a second programmable feature appears, RESET SERVICE DISTANCE?[/b] - The options include No and Yes. The default is Yes. When Yes is selected, the accumulated distance since the last previous Perform Service warning message will be reset to zero because the service interval has been changed. When No is selected, the distance until the next Perform Service warning message is reduced by the accumulated distance since the last previous message.[*]USE FACTORY SETTINGS?[/b] - The options include Yes and No. The default is Yes. When yes is selected all the programmable features will return to there defaults and the rest of the programmable features will not be displayed. If No is selected the rest of the programmable features will be displayed at there current chosen values. This feature will automatically return to the Yes default under two conditions. First, if no programmable features are changed from there defaults. Second, if all the programmable features equal there defaults.[*]AUTO DOOR LOCKS?[/b] - The options include Yes and No. The default is Yes. When Yes is selected, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically when vehicle speed reaches 25 kilometers-per-hour (15 miles-per-hour). If YES is selected, a second programmable feature appears, AUTO UNLOCK ON EXIT?[/b] - The options again include Yes and No. The default is No. When Yes is selected, following each Auto Door Lock event all doors and the liftgate will automatically unlock when the driver door is opened, if the vehicle is stopped and the transmission gear selector is in Park or Neutral. The Auto Door Unlock event will only occur once following each Auto Door Lock event.[*]REMOTE UNLOCK[/b] - The options include Driver Door 1st and All Doors. The default is Driver Door 1st. When Diver Door 1st is selected, only the driver door unlocks when the Unlock button of the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter is depressed once. The Unlock button of the RKE transmitter must be depressed twice to unlock all doors. When All Doors is selected, all doors unlock when the Unlock button of the RKE transmitter is depressed once.[*]REMOTE LINKED TO MEMORY?[/b] - This programmable feature only applies to vehicles equipped with the optional memory / heated system. The options include Yes and No. The default is No. When Yes is selected, the memory system will recall the Driver 1 or Driver 2 memory settings assigned to the RKE transmitter being used to unlock the vehicle. When No is selected, the memory system will only recall memory settings when the Driver 1 or Driver 2 push buttons of the memory switch on the driver side front door trim panel are depressed.[*]SOUND HORN ON LOCK?[/b] - The options include Yes and No. The default is No. When Yes is selected, a short horn chirp will provide an audible confirmation when the RKE receiver recognizes a valid Lock signal from an RKE transmitter. When No is selected, no horn chirp will occur with the RKE Lock event. This feature may be selected independent of the FLASH LIGHTS WITH LOCKS?[/b] programmable feature.[*]FLASH LIGHTS WITH LOCKS?[/b] - The options include Yes and No. The default is Yes. When Yes is selected, a single flash of the hazard warning lamps will provide an optical confirmation when the RKE receiver recognizes a valid Lock signal from an RKE transmitter, and two flashes of the same lamps will occur when the RKE receiver recognizes a valid Unlock signal from an RKE transmitter. When No is selected, no lamp flash will occur with the RKE Lock or Unlock event. This feature may be selected independent of the SOUND HORN ON LOCK?[/b] programmable feature.[*]HEADLAMP DELAY =[/b] - The options include Off, 30 Sec, 60 Sec, and 90 Sec. The default is 90 Sec. When a time interval is selected, the headlamps will remain on for that length of time when the headlamps are turned off after the ignition is turned off, or if the Auto mode is selected on vehicles with the Auto Headlamps option. When Off is selected, the headlamp delay feature is disabled.[*]HEADLAMPS ON WITH WIPERS?[/b] - This programmable feature only applies to vehicles equipped with the optional Auto Headlamps. The options include Yes and No. The default is No. When Yes is selected, the headlamps will turn on automatically when the windshield wipers are turned on. The headlamps will turn off when the wipers are turned off, as long as the headlamp switch is in the Auto or Off positions. When No is selected, the headlamps will only turn on if manually selected or if the Auto mode is selected and the outside ambient light levels dictate that they should be on.[*]POWER ACCESSORY DELAY?[/b] - The options include Yes and No. The default is Yes. When No is selected, the accessory powered components will turn off automatically when the ignition key is turned off. When Yes is selected, the accessory powered components will remain on for 45 seconds when the ignition key is turned off. [/ul]

Old 12-06-2007, 07:49 PM

Don't forget to check your spare tire, it probably has a sensor in it as well.