Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Toe in/Toe out...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Exclamation Toe in/Toe out...

I'm going to get our GV 2.8 oil burner down to the garage tomz to get the tracking checked! Can anyone tell me what the toe in and toe out is on my 56 plate (2007 model year) is please? I like to make sure they are adjusting it using correct figures.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:41 PM

I'm sure they'll have a list of all cars toe-ins/outs. Its toe-out of course as its front wheel drive

Old 10-19-2014, 02:02 PM

I was not aware it was toe out for front wheel drive. Use to 4x4 cars. Yer... they will have a list I'm sure! Just wanna be for armed b4 I go there.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:14 PM

Yes its a case where as the front wheels pull the car along, the wheels take up all the slack in steering and suspension components resulting in 0/zero straight ahead tracking.
Manufacturers work that out. I did my tracking a year ago and I think it was around 3-4mm toe out, not sure where I got figure. As for 4x4 applications I think its slightly less.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:45 PM

Good info there my mate

Old 10-20-2014, 03:46 AM

Your track adjustment garage should work to published tracking figures by the manufacturer -- there can be some surprizes! While most FWD cars toe out at front, and most RWD cars toe in at front, some cars neither toe in or out with modern steering geometry, and have track-adust on all four wheels too. In which case you can come across toe in on all four wheels as well...
Def. a case of going by the book here.

Leedsman.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:57 PM

Was doing some checking on here of people with uneven tyre wear on rear tyres. This should be impossible at the rear axle is a cart axle and not independent suspension with trailing arms. Unless there was a fault on manufacture the only reason can be down to accident repairs where the rear axle is bent between the rear wheels. I notice threads to this fault occur now and again.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:20 PM

I had a look at our rear wheels. They look good tbh. Well impressed with the load leveling rear shocks! Made by Sachs I believe. Looks similar to the Nevomat ones I had on my old Volvo T5 estate! Way back in the 1994. My profile pic is a pic of the brand new one I bought off Ebay for 50 notes! Gotta love Ebay

Old 10-20-2014, 02:28 PM

Yes I agree with you on levelling rear shocks. I have carried bags cement, sand, aggregates and steel log burner in back with no sign of overloading at back.
8x4 sheets ply, wall board and plaster board is a doddle due to load area.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
Yes I agree with you on levelling rear shocks. I have carried bags cement, sand, aggregates and steel log burner in back with no sign of overloading at back.
8x4 sheets ply, wall board and plaster board is a doddle due to load area.
Gotta luv the GV eh

Quick Reply: Toe in/Toe out...