Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Towbar Wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Default Towbar Wiring.

Grand Voyager 2.5CRD 2003. Anybody got a wiring diagram of where single electrics connect on my car. Not sure if it needs a bypass relay.
Thanks Guys...

Old 09-12-2013, 03:11 AM

Did you ever get anywhere with your wiring diagram. i am now in the same position with a 2007 grand Voyager. Towbar fitted last night now just need to figure out what wires to tap into.

Also, Where did you run the cable from the electric socket outside the car to inside the car? I was looking at the huge grommit on the right side of the bumper that the reverse sensors use but then that leaves the towbar electrics cable a little too short to do anything with.

Thanks

Chris

Old 09-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Default Towbar Wiring.

At this moment still waiting for Towbar to arrive from Germany. As too wiring no response as yet, not sure if it needs a Bypass relay. From what I believe at moment the system is BUS..but I may be corrected.
If it is, the wiring can't take add on's like trailer lights and flashers.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:16 PM
tfb

Wiring diagrams attached

Regards
Richard

Attached Thumbnails Towbar Wiring.-image-rs705105.jpg   Towbar Wiring.-image-rs705106.jpg   Towbar Wiring.-image-rs705204.jpg  
Old 09-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Default Towbar Wiring.

Ahh, My Towbar is coming with single electrics, but, but if your car, like some cars after 2002, have Multiplex bulb failure, etc, you may require a Bypass relay...So it says..
I'm getting the £122 detachable one off Fleebay.....but it seems to have got lost since paying on 25th August.
Under Chrysler vehicles and bypass relay it mentions Canbus system that requires a Relay.
Looks Likely..

Old 09-12-2013, 02:27 PM

Hi TFB, are these Schematics in the workshop manual that's available on hear. I have a CD somewhere that is the same.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:23 AM
tfb

No, I spent several hours one day downloading all these one at a time from Techauthority.com and then converting them from .SVG format.

Regards
Richard

Old 09-13-2013, 04:27 AM

Thanks for the diagrams.. I ended up getting a pro to come round last night and do the wiring for me. £50 for an hour of his time to do it was a bargain. I watched him do it and to be honest it looked fairly simple. He needed no wiring diagram but did trace a couple of cables using the rear light cluster as a reference to trace back to the multiplug and then ultimately the correct cable. What took him an hour though would have taken me at least triple that,

it was just a basic universal 7 pin wiring kit (with a sounder to know when indicators on trailer are working) and the only thing I do need to get now is a bypass for the fog light as apparently it's the only "smart" bit on the lighting circuit. The rest is just good ole fashioned basic electrics.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:53 AM

Yep, I did my mine a couple of months ago. I didnt bother wiring the fog light in.
But since im colour blind, I had to get the wife out with me to trace wires and label them up. Think she was a little worried!

Old 09-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Default Towbar Wiring

Grand Voyager 2003 LTD 2.5 CRD.
Ahhh, my Towbar arrived yesterday Saturday 14th, in a rather battered box, lucky nothing fell out.
Anyway quite a piece of kit, would pull a train with the thickness of metal. Quick release mechanism very strong looking and very elaborate for the price I paid.
Anyway wiring, as have been mentioned its a simple job not needing a bypass relay, like wiring systems of old. I thought this was a Cambus system with wires not able to be added to.
So need to wait for dried weather to get underneath, might as well do handbrake adjustment at same time and grease any rusty bits.

Quick Reply: Towbar Wiring.