Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

remote locking on sliding door problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Default remote locking on sliding door problem

Hi,

I've recently bought an 06 voyager with manual sliding doors and as of this morning the right hand side sliding door wont lock or unlock with the remote fob.

I've searched a couple of threads and pin pointed it down to either the door latch or the power lock actuators.

My question is if there is still some apparent movement in the locking pin/**** on the door when the remote is pressed, is this more likely to be the door latch?

I've made a quick call to local dealer and he quoted £200 for the door latch - seems extortionate.

does anyone have the part numbers for the latch & actuators so I can source from ebay/breakers.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:00 AM
Default Same problem

I seem to have the same problem
N/S sliding door does not lock or unlock via remote but it does look as though the button slightly moves up or down as if trying to open.
Hope we get some answers.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Hi there
Its the lock motor i have this same problem and i have to replace them on both side rear doors both ive done one side so far i check the new motor against the old one and the old motor had hardly any lever movement where as the new one moved fully

The o/s one is the hardest to do because you have to get the door latch out the replace the motor because there is a single screw holding the motor to the latch and the provided screw hole in the door frame does not line up with the screw so its eather remove the assembly or drill another hole get at the screw while the nearside does not have this problem watch here it explains it

this is for the N/S door UK offside in the USA

Although this explains how to replace the lever on the motor i replaced the complete thing but the job itself is the same ive just done mine and both locks are working perfectly now

This is for The other side rear Door this explains what im talking about with the small screw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8AvgkKJVS

heres another in 3 parts

Hope all this helps

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 05-13-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:19 PM

Hi again all

After replacing the 2 rear doors lock motors on my car its all fine so my advice is change the faulty rear locking motor like in these videos.. if they all work except one or 2 then you can be sure its the lock motors at fault taking the battery off to reset the BCM will not make any difference i know tried it

I got both my rear actuators for £25 the pair from a local scrappy... just search eBay thats how i found mine i went to the yard and took them off myself i knew what i was after from the help of the video,s i posted here

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 05-17-2014 at 12:25 PM.