Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRAC OFF illuminated

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 09:49 AM

No I haven't.
I bought the ABS sensors but didn't have a chance to look at it. I went to garage to check the codes and it's come up with front left and rear left and the Abs diode on dashboard . So I bought these two sensors. I have checked the Abs diode and looks like the previous owner or some garage have removed it.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:17 AM

Having a little (difficult) ABS experience with the complexity of a traction-control which is inevitably part of an ABS system, probably the best way to tackle any fault in these systems is to get a scanner reading immediate. This is one area where a proper scanner can identify what malfunctions there are and if there are more than one. Of course wheel sensors and tone wheels are top of the list for failure/being out of spec.,(because of the conditions under which they work), but without the interrogation of a scanner, it's all going to be guesswork. So it might be best to stump up some cash for a reading. You should check if the scanning garage has the necessary software to do the job
This chap is selling wheel sensors on E-bay at £23:45 each.

Jeep Chrysler.co.uk Ltd.
63, Danes Rd.
Bicester.
Oxfordshire OX26-2LW.
0790 421 7035.
office@jeep-chrysler.co.uk

The wheel sensors are handed, as you see them from the drivers seat he says.

When a GV gets old, all the tone wheels are going to get rusty to some degree or other, some of the sensors could be abraided on their surface due to rust/general crud getting into the gap between tone wheel and sensor which is only in the order of 5 thou'. The magnet in the sensor is important that it be the right strength, otherwise the small output of only a few millivolts will be degraded and the "shaping" circuit* in the micro's board won't work properly to produce reliable square waves for the micro to assess the relative frequency of the wheel sensors, which is of course exactly proportional to speed. The program will then judge if any differential in wheel sensor frequency is " reasonable" (such as turning a corner) or not. Unf. the system doesn't work at all well on snow, ice or gravel, and could be said to be pointless in these conditions. Having said that, some maker somewhere might have come up with a system that WILL work under those conditions. Also, I would have thought that having the tone wheel cogs on the OUTER circumference was the worst place to have them, as centrifugal force will propel any rust/foreign matter straight into the small gap between it and the sensor. Much better to have the cogs on the SIDE of the tone wheel, the crud is then propelled at right angles to the gap.

Finally, these ABS sytems will be time consuming to fix, you might well have to change all four sensors and all four tone wheels on an older GV. All very annoying.
*Some systems have the pulse-squaring op-amp in the sensor itself. This will need a three-wire sensor. Otherwise a two-wire will only have a magneto diode in it.
Leedsman.

Attached Thumbnails TRAC OFF illuminated-wheel-sensors.jpg  
Old 05-14-2016, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Andrips
No I haven't.
I bought the ABS sensors but didn't have a chance to look at it. I went to garage to check the codes and it's come up with front left and rear left and the Abs diode on dashboard . So I bought these two sensors. I have checked the Abs diode and looks like the previous owner or some garage have removed it.
Looks like someone in the past has "frigged" it by removing the ABS LED?
Bit obvious. But then I can sympathize. These faults can drive a mechanic to distraction.
Leedsman.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:22 AM

I have sorted out the ABS issue. I changed the front and rear Abs sensors on passenger side. I can swith ON and Off the TRAC.
Still to find out the correct abs LED .

But I still have the Brake light on dashboard. Could it be because of led not working? Or I should look for something else?

Handbrake is working. Not really great but it holds the car.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:05 PM

I have sorted all issues related to the Brake light and ABS on the dashboard.
I replaced the missing ABS LED and it's sorted everything. (plus two abs sensors). Pretty much happy with the results.
I had a issues with rear sensor. I have Stow and go seats and you must buy specially designed for the Stow and go otherwise the connector will be different. Front ones all are the same.

I would suggest to check and replace theABS LED. It's my have loose contact or someone removed it, as I discovered.
LED is approximately 3x3mm( I think I bought the 3.2x2.8 mm and it's fit perfectly) . The voltage when I checked showed 1.98v
I bought these plcc-2 LED's -. I bought orange colour LED's PLCC-2 LED White Red Blue Green Yellow Pink Orange U/Violet 1210 3528 SMD SMT | eBay