Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UConnect question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Default UConnect question

My husband and I just bought a 2010 Town&CountryTouring last night. It comes with the 130S/RES Media Center. I was really excited to have the hands-free phone capabilities, but it doesn't seem to be working. The AM/FM radio, CD player and XM radio all work. It evidently has an mp3 decoder too (though I haven't figure that out beyond plugging our ipod into the AUX). When I tried to sync up my phone today I kept getting an error message. I called customer service and was told that even though I have the proper buttons that doesn't mean I get the service. I find that to be pretty silly. Why wouldn't they just have installed the 130/RES instead if they weren't going to give me the phone or voice options? I was told to contact a local Chrysler dealer to figure it out or to figure out how I can get it installed if, indeed, I don't have it. Does anyone know what might be the problem? And if I do need to get it installed, any clue how much it will run me?

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM

My dealership said $386 for the part and $86 labor to install. It is essentially a bluetooth device with a mic. Though I believe your TIPM has to be programmed also. I too was disappointed to find out that I had the button but couldn't use. I am thinking a bluetooth earpiece for $30 from costco.

Chrylser standardized the buttons across all radios.... ugh.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM

Even though the RES 130 radio includes a hands-free button, thevehicle is not equipped with the hands-free option.

The radio has a hands-free button because the same radio is used in other Chrysler, vehicles in which the hands-free option is available. Refer to the paragraph in the "Phone Button (UConnect Hands Free Phone) - If Equipped" section of the owner's manual that states:

"If your vehicle is not equipped with or this feature is not available on your vehicle, a 'Not Equipped With UConnect' message will display on the radio screen."

You can locate Uconnect accessories available for your vehicle at Mopar Parts