Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voyager 2.5td with battery drain and starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Default Voyager 2.5td with battery drain and starting problems

Hi All

I was hoping that you may be able to offer me some advice.

I have a voyager 2.5td Xreg 2000 and for the past few months it has been draining the battery. Initally we thought it was the battery so replaced it for a new one which solved the problem for a week or 2. The voyager is also hard to start which i think may be causing the battery to drain. Sometimes I can get into it and it will start first time but majority of the time I turn the key and it trys to start but after several attempts it sounds like the battery is dying or the battery will die completely and I will have to jump start it or charge it. Other times after trying to start it several times, if I leave it for a few mins it will start first time.

I have had all the terminals to the battery checked and they are all fine. Someone has mentioned that the starter motor may be to blame and to replace it. I have this morning jacked up the car to see the starter motor and it looks like a very difficult job as its impossible to get to one of the bolts.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark

Old 07-10-2010, 08:03 AM

Just to add that the car will start easier from cold and is harder to start once it has been driven.