Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Voyager 2001 Alarm issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Default Voyager 2001 Alarm issues

Firstly apologies if this has been raised before,

My family car is a 2001(51, approx 100k miles) Voyager 2.5 CRD, a proper workhorse. Over the last year or so I have noticed the alarm siren doesn't sound when the alarm goes off (which happens fairly regularly as one of the sliding doors no longer locks with the central locking so the kids often open it before I unlock the rest of the car), however in the last few days I can hear a number of noises coming from what I assume is the alarm siren. These noises range from long and short beeps to something I could only describe as a lightsabre (!), albeit a quiet one. (I have unplugged the horn and the sounds are still there)

I have tried to see the siren (without dismantling the front of the car) and have not been able to see it (great antitheft design). I have looked through a number of forums and the only reference I could find states that on Grand Voyagers it is located beneath the left (n/s) headlight.

My instinct is the wiring is shorted, most probably through damp etc. Has anyone experienced this before and if so what did you do?

Is the siren in the same place on the Voyager as the GV? and will simply unplugging it solve my issue?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the rambling post,

wadrok01