Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Voyager Headlights Flashing On/Off

Old 01-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Default Voyager Headlights Flashing On/Off

Hi

I have a problem with a European model 2003 Voyager 2.5 CRD LX.

I had the diesel injectors replaced yesterday and stopped to fill up on the way home. When I turned the ignition back on the horn sounded half a dozen times and the headlights & rear lights began flashing/blinking on and off, the instrument lights in the dash are also permanently lit.

Makes no difference if I turn the ignition off the lights continue to flash like they are connected to the hazard flasher. I think everything else works fine but to be honest I didn't check all the switches before disconnecting the battery.

Any thoughts on what this could be? Hopefully not another massive bill

Thanks
Mike

Old 01-22-2014, 02:03 PM

Sounds like the security system was triggered erroneously. It's controlled by the BCM and SKIM modules. If disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes doesn't reset it you may have to have it reprogrammed.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-23-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:14 PM

Could be you've left something open inadvertently. Might be the bonnet/hood, there is an anti-theft switch there. It's on the RHS as you look under the bonnet. Work it up and down a bit. The instruction book surprizingly could help. Usual door and windows check. Also disconnect the battery-ve for a few minutes to see if the hard reset cures it. If it does, but it comes back after a while, the battery might be on it's last legs with sulphation, allowing the micros to get glitched up.
This is what you can do easily and no cost. If you think the battery is the real culprit, float charge it all the time for weeks and it will gradually de-sulphate -- saving £££s for a new battery. 13.8volt is the right voltage. 13.5 will do, but will be slower.

If none of this is a fix, you're in the heavy money area.

Leedsman.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:17 AM

Thanks Guys. I had left the battery disconnected overnight and the garage picked it up in the morning. It worked fine when they got it going and they said they couldn't find a fault. I've driven to work in it this morning without issue. I guess it just needed switching of and on.

Now I just need to find the code to get the radio working!

Old 01-23-2014, 03:49 AM

Good so far Mikegall: Keep an eye on it and any curious electrical control problems. If it goes awry again, either do the desulphation routine or replace battery with a known good one.
This radiocode is a positive nuisance -- do the villains steal radios anymore?

Leedsman.