Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

voyager keeps revving

Old 09-04-2009, 05:32 PM

UPDATE

had the clockspring replaced now my cruise control works again but chrysler said they put the diagnostic machine onto my car and they said they,re machine couldent acess the car becouse there was a wiring fault between the socket and ecu yet i used a aftermarket reader to access the codes and that worked ok

anyway still have the bad running problem it now seems its worse when its cold at first it cuts out when i go to pull away then if i let it run a few minutes it pulls away ok sort of but it gets better the warmer the engine gets.

anyway the car is back in another local garage i use i dropped it into him this afternoon he told me to leave it with him for a couple of hours he phoned me later and said he needs further investigation as to whats going on he will let me know tommorow he,s a good machanic i have had a lot of work done by him before and is very reliable and is an expert on car electronics

ill let you all know what he finds tommorow

pete............

Old 09-05-2009, 04:09 PM

UPDATE

Had the car back from the garage and he tested compressions all ok he put his diagnostic machine on it and there were no fault codes (why couldent chysler do that after saying there was a fault in the wiring)

the only thing he thinks it could be is the throttle housing could be worn and the iac and tpc playing up also he said the mixture is alternating from rich to lean which also as he says points towards the water temprature sensor he ruled out the lamda sensors

what you guys think

pete............................

Old 09-08-2009, 02:48 AM

there is a lot that could be making the engine ECU alter fuel mixture, though.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:24 AM

UPDATE

i have changed the throttle body complete with sensors and the map sensor and still no change now i have been reading a lot about the lamda sensors and all the symptoms relate to the way my car is behaving increased fuel consumption stalling idling and hesitation and even the garage said the mixture keeps going from rich to lean for no reason although there is no fault codes and the lamda sensor on cars of this age does not cause a fault code ive been really looking into it

pete...............................

Old 09-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Banned

Sounds like youve been spending lots of money on the problem - are you going to change the lamda sensor next?

Old 09-13-2009, 02:42 AM

Sounds to me like you have bought a lemon. You have posted numerous times about numerous issues. You might want to consider selling this one and buying another. To me this car seems like it has had a hard life or has been owned by an inexperienced tinkerer before you or simply it is one of those Friday cars.

If you like Voyagers I can highly recommend the 2.5TD but seriously it seems that what you have now is just going to keep costing you money.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:04 AM

hi glowplug

yes the car is up for sale i have it advertised on ebay auction ends tomorrow i could post the link just so you can see the car but i dont think i would be allowed to on this forum.

the parts i mentioned i got from a local scrappie and never cost me a furtune and the garage did,nt ask much for the checks he did but everything is pointing to the lamda sensors so ive explaned this on ebay just have to see if it sells if not im stuck with the problem and will have to fix it but to be honest im really after an automatic lpg voyager this is my first voyager and i really like them a lot and becouse of the problems im having with mine its learning me alot about these cars

pete...................

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 09-13-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Banned

Pete - I wish you all the luck selling it.

It looks like it's in really good condition - shame.

Here is the link to the auction:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-CHRYSLER-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 AM

Hi scruffy

yes thats my voyager thanks for posting as you can see its in nice condition im gutted to have to get rid of it ive found out the lamda sensors are about £130 each from chrysler and there are 2 of them

here is a link you might find interesting take a look though the site and relate this to my problems

http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/default.asp

pete.................................

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 09-14-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Banned

You should contact jeepchryslerparts on 020 8200 5500 or email to info@jeepchryslerparts.co.uk

and see if they can help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: voyager keeps revving