Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Where is the BCM on the 2010 Town and Country?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Default Where is the BCM on the 2010 Town and Country?

Having headlight problems. From what I've been reading, sounds like it could possibly be the BCM, but all the pictures and diagrams I've been able to find are from older models. Anyone know where it is on the 2010 model?

Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 PM

The instrument cluster IS the BCM. It's called a CCN. Cabin Compartment Node. No common problems with CCN related to headlamps on a 2010. Don't relate ANY symptoms with your 2010 to any year before 2008 or after 2010. They changed a lot of things all over in 2011 models.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech
The instrument cluster IS the BCM. It's called a CCN. Cabin Compartment Node. No common problems with CCN related to headlamps on a 2010. Don't relate ANY symptoms with your 2010 to any year before 2008 or after 2010. They changed a lot of things all over in 2011 models.
While we're talking changes, did the FCM go away too and did they integrate it into the IPM and call it the TIPM? Does the instrument cluster or should I say CCN self test still apply?

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-15-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech
I understand. From what I've read, I thought things had changed somewhat from earlier models to the one I have. The symptoms sound very similar to problems the earlier models were having with the headlights though. The first time it happened, they went off on low beam I think. On high beam, one came on but not the other. Lately, both will quit working and playing with the headlight switch doesn't seem to help. The last time, they were out for two days. Went outside one morning and hit the unlock button on the key fob, and nothing. Once I cranked the car, they popped on. I can't duplicate it. Don't know what brings it on or what makes it go away. Any ideas at all as to what might be the problem? The fog lights still work by the way. My wife had to drive it home the other night with no headlights, but luckily she had the foglights.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by davalt75
I understand. From what I've read, I thought things had changed somewhat from earlier models to the one I have. The symptoms sound very similar to problems the earlier models were having with the headlights though. The first time it happened, they went off on low beam I think. On high beam, one came on but not the other. Lately, both will quit working and playing with the headlight switch doesn't seem to help. The last time, they were out for two days. Went outside one morning and hit the unlock button on the key fob, and nothing. Once I cranked the car, they popped on. I can't duplicate it. Don't know what brings it on or what makes it go away. Any ideas at all as to what might be the problem? The fog lights still work by the way. My wife had to drive it home the other night with no headlights, but luckily she had the foglights.
Did the highs fail also??

Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by davalt75

Old 01-18-2012, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rustydog
Yes, both high and low beams. I talked with a Chrysler tech on another website that told me it sounded like a problem with the TIPM. He said he's seen several of these go bad and cause this problem, but not on one as new as mine. Local dealership said they had never heard of it. Find that kind of hard to believe after all I've been reading about it. Taking it in Monday for them to look at it.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:14 AM

That's scarry. The last total lighting failure I had was when a 1959 Chevrolet firewall connector overheated. It was in the middle of the night on a dark 2 lane Virginia highway (early 60's).

Do you have HID or standard headlights?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rustydog
That's scarry. The last total lighting failure I had was when a 1959 Chevrolet firewall connector overheated. It was in the middle of the night on a dark 2 lane Virginia highway (early 60's).

Do you have HID or standard headlights?
I have standard headlights. From what I've read, this is an ongoing problem with Chrysler minivans. I've read about problems with the Pacifica as well. It was a big problem with the 2005 models. They changed things around starting with the 2008 models. Haven't read anything about anyone having problems with a 2010Chrysler besides me. My luck I guess.