Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Wiring questions.....T-1 connector

Old 05-31-2013, 10:33 PM
Default Wiring questions.....T-1 connector

Hello guys. I am brand new to this forum and I am in need of assistance. I have a 2010 T&C Limited. Last year I purchased the tow receiver and installed it myself. I then searched for the plug and play wiring harness. My search revealed that I needed a powered Modulite type setup. I called a local truck accessory shop and opted to have them purchase the wiring kit and install it for a decent price, the shop installed the T-1 kit. It was installed in Dec. of 2012 and I have pulled my 6x12 cargo trailer three times. This last time I hooked up the lights the passenger turn/brake light stays on at all times, as long as the trailer plug is plugged into the vehicle plug the light stays on. All the other lights work properly. I brought my van back to them and they said it was the modulite box was malfunctioning. They are 'checking' to see if the manufacturer will warranty the electronics. If they don't, the shop wants me to purchase another wiring kit. Now, all that being said, What will happen if I wire the harness the old school way? Doing away with the powered electronics and wiring directly to the lights. My knowledge on all this new computer system in vehicles is very limited. Thanks for your time.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

The tail lights are controls by a computer on your van if U wire it up old school way like u say then u will be buying new computers for your van often. They are not designed to take more amps then what it has already. If u want to get rid off all doubt het the wire harness that Chrysler built for it and then U know its correct for the van and safe for its electronics.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:42 AM

Thanks Chrysler Tech! I guess I will be calling my local dealer to see if they can order me a new wiring harness. I don't think I want to keep buying computers!!