97plymouth breeze 2.0 questions

Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Default 97plymouth breeze 2.0 questions

i am in the middle of replacing the timing belt on my 97 plymouth breeze i got the water pump and timing belt and the seals that go with replacing the timing belt. is there anything else that im gonna need to replace while im doing that. now the timing belt skipped a couple teeth it did not break. could that be a bad tensioner? and one other thing right before the timing belt slipped i was trying to turn it over and noticed it was'nt getting any spark? is that because the timing belt had slipped off, because when i looked in the view hole ontop the timing belt cover i can see that the timing belt was off like it slipped off. was just wondering if im gonna run into this no spark problem once i get the timing belt on. now i know im gonna have to do a compression check to make sure no valves got bent. but is this no spark issue from something else? or can it be caused from the timing belt slipping off and does that mean a bad tensioner? the timing belt slipped off at 170,000 miles, so i guess it was do to either break or bust some teeth. any help would be appreciated ....thanks morgan

Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 PM

wow thanks for the help guys.... :-l

Old 08-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

replace the tensioner

Old 08-12-2011, 10:56 AM

sorry bout my posts they have prob. not made much sense so ok when my car first shutdown i was getting the trouble code 42(CHECKENGINELIGHT CODES) which states that -fuel pump relay or auto shut down relay(asd) control curcuit indicates an open or shorted curcuit condition.. then trying to start it over and over killed the battery. when i did start it back up again week later and drove around for a day the next day it would not start before i killed the battery again tryin to turn it over the trouble code it gave me was 11 which states-intermittent loss of crankshaft or camshaft position sensor signals. now i replaced the crankshaft position sensor and nothing and the cam shaft still nothing. could it be the pcm??? i also found im not getting spark from my coil pack getting power to the coil pack just not from the coild pack to the plugs. really loast to manythings i replaced and nothing is helping

Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

was this an issue b4 u replaced the timing belt?

Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 AM

sorry its been so long but i ran out of money and patiance. i changed the krankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor and the coil pack and checked the resistance on them all and all were fine and the timing belt was tight and in good shape and the timing notches were right on the money so i did'nt replace that. im having a mobile machanic come tomorrow to run a diagnostic on it. im thinking its the p.c.m. ive replaced and tested everything else. so its got to be that. i do have another question though if it is the p.c.m. can i just say go to a pick yard and get a p.c.m. from any 97 plymouth breeze automatic 2.0 and put it in mine????? i know i have to eventually get it flashed to my vin number. but can i just replace it or do i have to do something special done to it first?