HELP; 1999 Breeze consistantly blowing PCM/ASD Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Question HELP; 1999 Breeze consistantly blowing PCM/ASD Fuse

Currently, the fuse is blown and the car is parked in front of my house next to the curb on uneven ground.

While driving home from work and idling at a red light, the car shut off. Upon inspection this notorious fuse was blown. When replaced, it would instantly blow again simply by turning the key to the accessories position, the spot before actual cranking begins.

I had it towed to a mechanic who, for some reason, checked the O2 sensor and came to the conclusion it was faulty. He replaced it, and the car started. The car was driven home then later that day, blew the fuse again.

The mechanic came and looked at it, disconnected the front O2 sensor he replaced, put a new PCM/ASD fuse in, and the car started up. I drove it home and besides the expected abnormal smell, it was unremarkable (the drive, not my home).

When I got home and put it in reverse to park, the fuse blew again. This is where it sits now.

I have read here something that seems like it may apply to me, but embarrassingly, I am not sure where the catalytic converter is on this car. To me, it looks like it's right in the middle of the underside, between the muffler and manifold. Even if I were to find it, I'm not exactly sure what I'd be looking for.

Any suggestions thus far?

There is some potentially related back story to this as well....

A while back I had to replace an alternator. When that was finished, it was mounted crooked thanks to a broken adjustment bolt. This caused wear on the belt, naturally. Also it had an unusual side effect of blowing this same fuse when I accelerated rapidly when I attempted to pull out into traffic. Replacing the fuse was the simple fix, and the work-around was to not floor it. Once the alternator bolt was replaced and the alternator properly adjusted, that problem didn't happen again. *shrug*

Old 08-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

get a wire diagram from a service manual get a volt /Ohm meter and get all the stuff that that the fuse powers up and trace wires and parts down, U will not enjoy this.
and FYI a converter is nothing electrical it will not blow a fuse.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:42 AM

The O2 sensor is at the converter, that's why I was looking for it.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Unhappy

Disregard this thread, I sold the car for scrap.