shift solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Default shift solenoid

i have a 2000 chrysler cirrus love the car. i was having a problem with my shifting at first i thought it was cause i was low on fluid somy husbandput some in and it ran fine then it started not going into gear and my engine light came on so i took it up to auto zone and they ran a dioagnostic test for me. i found out it was the sift solenoid.... ok somy husbandchanged it and it ran fine went into gear perfectly. but now my problem is it leaks. i called a chrylser mechanic and he said that i don't need to tork it or put on sealent... ok i did that and it still leaked, so i put on sealent and it still leaks. it is leaking in a steady stream. does any one have any ideas please help. i really would have to get a new car cause i can't get it fixed i would just take it to a mechanic and get it fixed but i dont really have the money to do that. we'll try any ideas. except for stop leak alredy tried. thanks so much. Kasandra Hamilton

Old 04-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: shift solenoid

either A the gasket is messed up on install or B if u got a chryler sol pack U did not remove the metal plate that was on the old one and now u have spots that are not covered up.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
moe

ive seen the metal plate leakers,like tech said don't reuse the plate.also check and see how many metal stub type legs are on the old one verses the new one you may have to remove one of the three to make it work.moe

Old 04-19-2008, 08:24 PM

thanks i will try that as soon as i know what you mean by the metal plate and the stubs where would they be?

Old 04-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

big metal plate to which u placed the sol pack on top of. The new CHrysler OE ones give instructions to remove the plate because if the different routing it takes and the plate gets in the way.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:19 PM

oh ok thanks a buch i will try that and let you know if it worked.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Default car jumps into drive after three seconds

WOO HOO i got my car to stop leaking but turns out that the roll pins were just not seated enough into the solenoid go figure. ne hoo now i'm havin a diff problem. when iput my car into drive it takes three seconds to respond. i checked the fluid level and it is right. also if it put it into any other gear it goes into it right away. when i drive it it shifts fine and when i come to a stop it goes right away. so now i have no idea what could be wrong. just that it takes three seconds to go into drive or third or low. i did it like 10 times in a row and each time it took three seconds. please help

Old 05-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: car jumps into drive after three seconds

could be the sol pack u got if its an after market one or need to perform a quick learn from a dealer or try this from a dead stop floor it all the way into 3rd gear the cvi's update them self at that time.

Old 03-16-2024, 11:41 PM

When I replaced mine I removed all traces of the old gasket and made sure surface was cleaned with solvent. I used Permatex high temp red with no gasket and it doesn't leak. You have to assemble it quickly and let it cure for 24 hours before starting or adding fluid.