Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within...

What do you think about Meguiar's

Old 03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Default What do you think about Meguiar's

Hi everyone, I bought Meguiars gold class car wash and I know that Meguiars has a good rep, but what do you guys think about it?
Also, I heard that Simple Green is a good rim and tire cleaner, is this true?

Old 03-26-2007, 11:07 PM
ace
Default RE: What do you think about Meguiar's

yeah they are good dcx uses them now as well.
Some people like on brand better then another but if ya read alot of the ingrediants they are very close to each other. Just remember when you do the rims read the instructions very carefully rinse alot if you leave some of that stuff on their it may eat the rim up

Old 03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Default RE: What do you think about Meguiar's

I think all wax systems work to some extent, some better than others,and some are personal preference. Meguirs works well. I work in an autobody shop, we have seen them all, I prefer Mothers, but that's just my 2 cents worth.

Simple Green in the concentrate form,may leave pitting if left on too long. I usually spray the concentrate on the tiresjust before pressure washing, then the first tire I sprayed with Simple Green, is the first tire I wash, and follow the order that I sprayed the tires,Ithen continue to wash the vehicle. Simple Green also makes a good bug remover, and also a good engine degreaser (without the smell of conventional engine degreasers)in the concentrate form. Just be sure to pressure wash soon after. For the wheels, I wax them completely, then wash and chamios them just as I do the vehicle.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 AM

i have always opted for Mother's when cleaning chrome rims.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 AM

Long story short, Meguiars Endurance GEL is the best tire shine(Double coat 15 min apart), Meguiars Clay kit two or three times a year(follow by Ultimate Paste wax), Ultimate Paste wax six or seven times a year(also use on rims).

Where do I begin. I work at an Oreillys and because of my huge discount I have tried every brand and almost every type of was on my cars and customers cars. Meguiars DOMINATES in every way shape and form. IMO I prefer to use the Meguiars clay kit, then apply the Meguiars Ultimate Paste wax not once, but twice. Yes, Put on, Wipe off, Put on again, Wipe off again. I do notice a slightly shiner finish after the second coat but its not necessary. I try to Clay my car two to three times a year and wax six or seven. It gets babied....

As for wheel cleaner, Nothing really works. I tries all the Eagle One, Purple Power, Armor All, ect, ect. with no luck, but the meguiars did work(will explain later). The bad thing about all the wheel cleaners and protectants as far as I know of is that they leave a white residue that looks like crap on black rims(I have blacks)and even factory rims because it turns the tires white first of all and takes away the glossy finish, it will also puddle up and look like a *** stain on your rims. then when you wipe it off your wasting money because its taking away the protective barrier. I did try the Meguiars Chrome wheel cleaner on my black alum wheels with a mag lip and it did take a little bit of the dust and road grime off but by the time you spray enough on you practically used a bottle. I prefer to put the Ultimate wax on my wheels and every few weeks use a microfiber and gently(dont take the wax off, it doesnt take any pressure at all) get the dust and grime off.

Last edited by tylersheehy; 10-02-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:48 PM

I think they're 'okay' but I've used much better one's from Mother's...

Old 05-07-2014, 07:58 PM

Well its good stuff but I like the nxt better and smells really good. For rims and tires cleaner I use eagle 1 all wheel cleaner.