Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

2001 chrysler concorde 2.7 code p0175 help

Old 03-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Question 2001 chrysler concorde 2.7 code p0175 help

my girlfirends concorde had a problem with the water pump leaking and milking the oil. i drained the oil and water and replaced the water, oil,waterpump,oil pump, timing chain and one chain guide,rod bearings and oil pan gasket. compressed the lifters to drain them and put oil and water in it. it fired it ran rough until the lifters finally pumped up. only problem is check engine light is on... p0175 2/1 fuel system rich. i replaced the plugs and the injecter o-rings light still on p0175. the inspection sticker is running out this month. cant get it inspected without getting the code corrected. it also has a hesitation on takeoff and it seems like i hear more exaust noise from under the hood now. like t is louder when getting on it hard to take off. i know it is running rich now but what can i check next to try and clear the p0175 code? any suggestions? i got to look at it in the morning. oh i put a dodge intrepid knock sensor in it too. the original one was broken off at the electrical connecter. are they ok to use both 2.7 i think?

Old 03-22-2009, 01:30 AM

no suggestions?

Old 03-22-2009, 01:40 AM
Lightbulb 2.7 chrysler motor bank 2?

the scan tool i used today said ....p0175 system too rich bank 2 so this makes me wonder which side of the motor is bank 2? and why not be rich on both 2 and 1 bank? if someone knows which side of the motor is bank 2 please reply and let me know. drivers side or passenger side? thanks

Old 03-24-2009, 12:52 AM

update, i called the dealership bank 2 is the pasenger side.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

i hear more exhaust noise from under the hood now.
that is why u have that code fix that leak

Old 03-24-2009, 04:37 PM

Bank 1 is the side with cylinder #1. Bank 2 is the opposite side.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:35 AM

number 1 cylinder is on the passenger side on her 2.7. ... it is not in sideways but straight like a v8..... the guy that said the exaust noise may be the cause of the code may be on to something. i thought i torqued the exaust manifolds tight when i put them back on. i will check them this weekend. i am going to take the plenum and the valve covers off friday as well. to check the timing marks on the cams and chain. cant see the bottom mark dont want to remove the crankshaft pulley again. but i will put it number 1 at tdc on the compression stroke for the bottom mark.
i am about ready to just replace the head on the passenger side and hope that fixes it. the one i put back on did show excessive wear like metal scored up the bearing caps and the cams were they touch the bearing caps. the cams on the other side looked much better. at the time i was short on money and needed it running fast. ...thanks for the ideas everyone... i am still looking for the cause anyone had this problem?..write in....thanks......

Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

to rich system is to much fuel the computer is trying to the the 14.1 fuel to air mix back to norm if U have an exhaust leak U are sucking in outside air so the o2 sensors are reading more o2 then should be in there so the computer adds fuel to that side to get it back down to norm and when it cant U get that code.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:25 PM

interesting... ok i will check for the exaust leak. im thinking i tightened it all up....i guess it could be leaking around the egr tubes or something. been pouring rain here for 2 days now. cant get to it. wish i had a garage.
thanks......

Old 03-26-2009, 03:36 PM

i also noticed when looking at the throttle body that the idle air control valve has its wires stretched tight like barely reaching and pulled tight. i will fix that this weekend too. just gathering ideas for the weekend right now thanks for the suggestions...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 chrysler concorde 2.7 code p0175 help