General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 Chrysler Concorde Radiator fan(s) replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Default 2000 Chrysler Concorde Radiator fan(s) replacement

I am going to replace the radiator cooling fan assembly on a 2000 Chrysler Concorde next Saturday and have a few questions. I've watched a video of someone replace the entire fan assembly on a 300 and an Intrepid. On the 300 the guy removed the upper radiator hose to remove the fan assembly and on the Intrepid they did not remove the upper hose.

So on a 2000 Chrysler Concorde equipped with a 3.2L V6 engine does the radiator coolant need to be drained and does the upper radiator hose have to be removed in order to get the fan assembly out?

If I have to drain coolant and remove the hose, is there a procedure on how to bleed the cooling system? If so, please describe it.

Also, what type of coolant does this car require? It looks like it has the clear type coolant in it and not the green type.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Old 11-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Dined no just looses upper rad hose some will come out yes but not enough to worry about just top it off when done. Water alone will be just fine. Also good idea to remove the upper transmission cooler hose makes it easy to get it past that as well.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:00 AM

3.2 & 3.5 upper hose needs to be removed for access. (2.7 can squeeze rad out)
4 bolts hold fan assembly in place. Drivers side lower is easier to access from the bottom. All others from the top.
Bleed/refill is not as complicated as some make it.
Open bleeder in lower intake manifold with a 3/8 socket.
Use a funnel the fits snug in the reservoir, pinch off the overflow hose.
Fill system wit 50/50 mix of HOAT coolant Zerex GO5 (only approved coolant for this car)
When coolant flows out bleeder with the funnel in place system is full. Squeeze the upper hose a few times to purge air from it.
Close the bleeder, install the cap with the reservoir over full and start the engine.
After about 5 minutes crack the bleeder to get the last air bubble out. Run the engine, turn the heat on, if warm you got the air out.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:16 AM

Where exactly is the coolant bleeder on the lower intake manifold? Left side, right side, front, or back? Why I am asking these questions is because the car is not here where I can look at it. It is my daughter's college car and she won't be home until this weekend. I plan to start the work on Saturday morning once it has had time to cool off.

Thanks for the replies to be previous questions.

James

Originally Posted by FIREM
3.2 & 3.5 upper hose needs to be removed for access. (2.7 can squeeze rad out)
4 bolts hold fan assembly in place. Drivers side lower is easier to access from the bottom. All others from the top.
Bleed/refill is not as complicated as some make it.
Open bleeder in lower intake manifold with a 3/8 socket.
Use a funnel the fits snug in the reservoir, pinch off the overflow hose.
Fill system wit 50/50 mix of HOAT coolant Zerex GO5 (only approved coolant for this car)
When coolant flows out bleeder with the funnel in place system is full. Squeeze the upper hose a few times to purge air from it.
Close the bleeder, install the cap with the reservoir over full and start the engine.
After about 5 minutes crack the bleeder to get the last air bubble out. Run the engine, turn the heat on, if warm you got the air out.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:17 PM