General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2010 Town and Country keyless entry settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Default 2010 Town and Country keyless entry settings

I have a van and I want to change it so when you unlock the doors from the key fob, I want it to make the beep. How do I go about doing this. Thanks for all your help.

Tucker

Old 02-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Default RE: 2010 Town and Country keyless entry settings

Sound Horn with Remote Lock
This feature will cause the horn to chirp when the doors are locked with the RKE transmitter. This feature can be turned on or turned off.
To change the current setting, proceed as follows:
For vehicles equipped with the EVIC, refer to “Electronic

Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/Personal Settings (Customer-Programmable Features)” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” in your owners manual for further information. This features a driver-interactive display that is located in the instrument cluster that allows the driver to select a variety of useful information by pressing the switches

mounted on the top side of the steering wheel.
Personal Settings (Customer-Programmable Features)
Personal Settings allows you to set and recall features when the transmission is in PARK. If the transmission is out of PARK or the vehicle begins moving, a warning message PERSONAL SETTING NOT AVAILABLE , followed in three seconds by, VEHICLE NOT IN PARK.

Press and release the MENU button until Personal Settings

displays in the EVIC.
Use the Step button to display one of the following choices.

Sound Horn with Remote Key Lock

When ON is selected, a short horn sound will occur when the RKE transmitter LOCK button is pressed. This feature may be selected with or without the Flash Lamp Lock feature. To make your selection, press and release the RESET button until ON or OFF appears.

For vehicles NOT equipped with the EVIC, perform the following steps:
1. Perform this operation while standing outside the vehicle.

2. Press the LOCK button on a programmed RKE transmitter for at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds. Then, press the PANIC button while still holding the LOCK button.

3. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter with the ignition switch in the LOCK position and the Key Fob removed.
5. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to its previous setting.

NOTE:
Pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter while you are in the vehicle will activate the Vehicle Security Alarm. Opening a door with the Vehicle Security Alarm activated will cause the alarm to sound. Press the UNLOCK button to deactivate the Vehicle Security Alarm.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:46 AM

It's not going to BEEP when you UNlock it...ever. If you want to find your car hit the panic button...hehe.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 PM

If you want to find your car hit the panic button...hehe.
I usually walk thru the lot tapping the lock button.... The one that cries out, is the one I want....