General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Adding a basic auto-dimming rearview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Default Adding a basic auto-dimming rearview mirror

Hi, guys. I'm new to the site. I have a 2002 PT Cruiser Touring model and love it. I've been doing *** much work on it as I have the time and tools to do. I recently decided to add a basic auto-dimming rear-view mirror. I have the overhead console with the compass and temperature display, which is why I went with just the basic auto-dimming mirror. I bought one that fits a 2004-2008 Chrysler Pacifica, figuring that I'd just have to connect it to 12v. and ground to get it to work.

Upon receiving the mirror today, I discovered that it has a 7-pin male connector on the back of it, which I assume must connect to a built-in harness in the Pacifica vehicle. Unfortunately, there was no harness or even a wiring diagram included with the mirror. I am pretty handy with harnesses and connectors( I used to design harnesses and cables for a vending machine company), so I am fairly confident that I could cobble something together, if I didn't have a chance to get to a salvage yard to try to scavenge a factory mirror harness. What I'd like to know is if someone would happen to have a wiring diagram for one of these mirrors showing what the connections are, so that I could wire it up and have it work. I'd appreciate any and all information that you guys could provide.

This looks to be a great site to get info from. I already belong to a PT Cruiser forum.

Thanks very much,
Steve

Old 08-05-2015, 10:10 PM

Damn, well this is really embarrassing...I'm not allowed to edit out a typo I made in the first line of my very first post to this site...sorry about the error guys.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:04 AM

The wiring diagrams occupy about a hundred pages of the shop manual for each car model but some parts of wiring diagrams can be found at 12volt.com.

You might try posting your question up on a Pacifica forum to see if anyone there might know how that thing needs to be wired.