General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Do you need an ECU flashed?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Default Do you need an ECU flashed?

So I'm new round these parts (sorry if I didn't post this in the correct section), but I've been working on my own Chrysler products for some time now (I own a 2010 300C AWD, 2006 Crossfire SRT6, and 2009 Charger SXT AWD, I've owned many more in the past, this is just the current stable), and in the past I've had to reflash or reprogram an ECU. It's since turned in to something I do for fellow Chryco owners/friends in the area, to be clear I don't tune, I just reflash with the latest factory firmware. I have all the equipment to do it on any OBD II Chrysler product, and I'd be willing to offer my services to the Chysler Forum at no cost for my time/use of my stuff. The only cost that would have to be covered is the $35 for the firmware (I have to create an account on Chysler's TechAuthority, a 3-day subscription is $35, so if there's more then one of you then divide that cost by the number of people that need it during that three day period), I can also flash a custom firmware or a factory firmware if you already have that, just send a USB thumb drive with the ECU. I'm also capable of programming mileage and VIN to quite a few dash boards (PM me with your vehicle and I'll see if it's something I'm capable of doing), this is something that cost me nothing to do since I don't need to download a firmware for it. Basically the only costs for anyone who takes me up on this offer is shipping (I ask that you include a return shipping label with the ECU or cluster) and the aforementioned subscription for the firmware. Again, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, and sorry if it isn't, but let me know if there's anything along these lines that forum users need help with and I'll do my best to help out.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 AM

When you flash the ecu does that mean that it will bring the spec's back up to factory reg spec or can you flash them and adjust to bring the shift points and other tune up area's for say a 20% reduction for more fuel mph. I drive mostly on flat land and few passangers so a reducation of power an a better fuel mph would greatly help on the pocket for better gas mileage

Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM

Where are you located? May have some interest in NJ....

Old 09-28-2012, 04:46 AM

How to flash toyota celica ECU?
is there a software for your pc computer?
i have a toyota celica 1994 gt 2.2
i know my car is a piece of crap.. is not a real tunning car. but so what? im learning alot of sh*t putting things on this car.. so don't post stupid answers...

and i know that to reprogram an ECU uyou need to know what you are doing or else im gonna ruin it..

Old 02-15-2017, 12:37 PM

I see this is an old post are you still flashing crossfires