General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 04:37 AM
G$$
Default Interior lighting

Happy New Year guys!

I'm a newbie with a 2015 Chrysler 300C. I'm replacing my interior incandescent light bulbs with LEDs. So far I've managed to get most of them done... except for 2. The ones closest to the windshield.

My overhead lighting console has 4 bulbs. When I removed the console, I only had access to replace 2 bulbs. The others appeared to be built into the unit & I don't see a way to replace them.

I consulted the owners manual, but aside from bulb stock numbers, it was useless. I went on You Tube, and even looked up how to do this with other Dodge Chrysler Jeep vehicles, since they all use the same console, but I've had no luck.

For those who might have trouble envisioning what I'm talking about, I have a picture of my console & the bulbs I'm trying to replace, but I don't see a way to upload it to the forum's interface. The LEDs are a good look, but the incandescent/LED combination is killing me! Ideas or suggestions, please?