General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

pacifica right rear suspension sagging

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Default pacifica right rear suspension sagging

I have a 2004 Pacifica that sits one inch lower on the right side. It is not all wheel drive and I believe it has the auto leveling suspension system.The lop sided ride is noticeable when traveling down the road. The vehicle has only70,000 miles on it.Anyone with any knowledge on this would be much appreciated.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Default RE: pacifica right rear suspension sagging

Sounds like a possible shock problem, but with the price of shocks, you don't want to purchase one if it isn't the problem.
Personally, what I would do, is have a garage switch the rear shocks.
See if the other side then has the lower stance.
Should take no more than an hour for them to do, and it may save you some big dollars on a new shock (aprox $350)

Old 10-18-2008, 04:25 PM

I would suggest measureing each of the four corners on the vehicle to make sure it is sagging. looks can be deciving. if your Right Rear is sagging i would check the Left Front spring and so on. Ride height would be changed by the oppisite side oppisite corner. not so sure the shock would cause this problem since they just follow the vehicle and are ment to change heights. Springs can get worn out and change ride height.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 AM

Are you low in the front, rear, or both? Are you hauling anything in the vehicle that would cause this? Have you checked your tire pressure? (I know, Duh! But I've missed thinking about simple things before!) Do you get any codes?

FYI, unless the shocks are controlled by your leveling system, they will not cause the car to ride lower on one side all by themselves. (I don't know how the Pacifica has designed their automatic leveling system, so they could be involved, but I doubt it.) There is likely a different cause.

If it is the leveling system it will likely throw some codes out for you to read and give us here.