General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

radio exchangeing

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 07:44 AM
Default radio exchangeing

does anyone know or has anyone ever put a different original type radio into the lebarons? i just got an 87 convertible with a bad radio. in fact this is the 2nd radio in it that i know of. the radio is a basic unit and i see on ebay 2 units now that are upscale from mine. they both have the same looking plug in's in the back and the same mounting holes as mine. i'm thinking they all are the same but for the stuff they do in front. power in and speakers out. anyone disagree?

now outside of the fact the basic radios are junk i see in the car fax the car was in the dealer for electrical issues, could be radio or cluster issues back then now radio issues. thanks bp

Old 11-21-2016, 08:49 AM

Some of the "upscale" sound systems have external amplifiers that your basic system doesn't have. If that is the case for your year of the car, then substituting the "upscale" version is not going to work.
If you want to keep it stock, then try to find the same model radio. If you aren't opposed to changing the stock appearance then you could visit a local car stereo shop and see what's available.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:24 AM

thanks i found one that fit a 95 lebaron and it works perfect. it is upscale and has the 6 cd feature all the plugs are there. bp

Old 11-24-2016, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by corvairbob
thanks i found one that fit a 95 lebaron and it works perfect. it is upscale and has the 6 cd feature all the plugs are there. bp
Congratulations. I am glad that you that you found the the one for your 95 bebaron. That is right, there are many aftermarket Radio from different manufacturers such as Seicane can help. Wish you have good time.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:29 AM

thanks for the help great site bp.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mason_geek
Congratulations. I am glad that you that you found the the one for your 95 bebaron. That is right, there are many aftermarket Radio from different manufacturers such as Seicane can help. Wish you have good time.
That company (Seicane) has horrible reviews all over the internet.
Not a good company for anyone to do business with.

They also spam car forums with fake accounts, acting like members needing help, and slipping the name of the company or links to them in to their posts.