General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Radio Not Working

Old 10-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Default Radio Not Working

Replaced yellow 20 amp fuse in cavity #36 for radio/handheld. Still nothing...any suggestions? Car has just past it's warrnty date as well. 2008 Chrysler 300 Touring.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

was the fuse blown?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 AM

No, it wasn't. Funny how things happen when the warranty period has run out!!!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Ok now get a test light or volt meter remove the radio and check for the powers and grounds at the connector

Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 AM

Will do...might take me awhile!!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:08 PM

Often there's more than one fuse that controls the radio. Some functions of the radio require power even with the key off (clock) and are on a different fuse. Are any other items not working? (power seat, remote locks?) Check your owners manual and the underside of the lids from the fuse boxes to see if you can find any other references to fuses for the radio.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nikki
Funny how things happen when the warranty period has run out!!!

YES...it's an evil conspiracy! We know where you live and sent a signal by satellite to destroy your radio! Now you must pay!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:51 AM

haha...no kidding. I called the CHrysler dealership and they advised me that this model was prone to the radio not lasting very long (wish they would have told me that at signing!!) Am waiting for my boyfriend to check the wwires. A NEW factory radio is $900 (CDN)...don't think I'll be getting one of those!!! Will let you know what happens......................It's pretty darn quiet going to work in the morning!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nikki
haha...no kidding. I called the CHrysler dealership and they advised me that this model was prone to the radio not lasting very long (wish they would have told me that at signing!!) Am waiting for my boyfriend to check the wwires. A NEW factory radio is $900 (CDN)...don't think I'll be getting one of those!!! Will let you know what happens......................It's pretty darn quiet going to work in the morning!!!

HEHE, yeah just get a decent aftermarket one installed. You'll be MUCH happier with it. For 900 bucks think how nice of a setup you could get!

On a side note, no particular year model is prone to bad radios really. Vendors are a funny thing. One batch might last 10 or more years, one batch may last 6 months. You can find these all over Ebay, but then you'll be right back where you started.

Last edited by TNtech; 10-07-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:59 PM

OK......I seriously am dumbfounded. The whole "Radio" thing happened one morning...I went to get gas...the radio was working fine...I turned the car off to refuel and when I started it , the radio did not work. I pressed every button on it, channel selection, volume, eject button, etc. to no avail. My boyfriend & I were in the car today and he pushed the eject button for the CD, and the radio started working again......what the hell????? Now it works fine.........I seriously am dumbfounded.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio Not Working