General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Stow-n-Go seating not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Default Stow-n-Go seating not working

I have a 2008 T & C. It has 3rd row automatic stow-n-go seating. The driver's side seat will only fold back to where the back of the seat is level with the tail-gate, but no farther. And it will not stow. When you try to put it back up to normal, the bottom of the seat clicks into place, but the seat-back is reclined, and will not go all the way up.
The passenger seat works fine. There is no 'manual' levers to adjust the seat, either..Is there anything we can try and fix at home? Afuse, loose wire anything? And does anybody have any idea what the cost would be to have it looked at/fixed at a dealer?

Old 12-22-2010, 08:05 PM

First things first......

I absolutely adore the fact that you care enough to ask about pricing to have it repaired, Instead of how to get it fixed without shelling out a nickel. Im recently here from a do it yourself forum, and that is the foremost reason for leaving. ...KUDOS....Well done..

Now, before you panic. Go to the gas station, and THOUROUGHLY vacuum the area in front of the 3rd seat, and clean out any "HAppy-Meal" toys, that may be wedged into the seat . (I have kids too.....)

In the "LEGS" of the third seat are Latches, which grab the "Floor Anchors in front of the seat. Each of these "Latches" have a sensor mounted to the top, which detects latched and unlatched. ANYTHING that gets in the way of fully latched will cause EXACTLY your symptom......