General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

trying to find year this radio is from

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Default trying to find year this radio is from

I bought it off Craig's List YeArS ago. I know it works and want to buy the correct plug to let me wire it into my boat.

I think the car was a convertible and it had a black plastic or Naugahyde panel between the tail lights I think.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction. thank you for your time and knowledge

Attached Thumbnails trying to find year this radio is from-100_4449.jpg   trying to find year this radio is from-100_4452.jpg   trying to find year this radio is from-100_4453.jpg  
Old 01-22-2017, 09:50 AM

It looks a lot like the radio I used to have in my 02 Sebring. Trying to get it to work in your boat may be problematical. If it was part of a premium sound system, you may need an external amp. That small white square socket connects the radio to the car's computer system. I don't know whether it'll work without that link.

It's probably not got a sealed circuit board like a marine radio would have, so even if you could get it to work it may not last in that environment. Investigate buying a marine stereo system before you sink a lot of time, money and effort into trying to make that thing work.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:18 AM

dcotter, thanks, I've had it working before without using the white plug and the radio will be mounted in a well protected interior. '02 sounds just about right. I'm on my way. 'nice site I found here. God bless it and all who frequent