New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Chrysler Seabring kickin my Butt.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 08:24 PM
Default Chrysler Seabring kickin my Butt.

Hello and good wishes to all of you here at the forum. Brand new to the forum, and haven't got a clue what I'm doing yet. But time heals all wounds...right haha.
Anyway, I'm a 64-year-old man, and in my day, could tear down and put back together nearly any Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Chrysler, etc, etc. that was before the dawn of computers. But here we are, and I feel like a dumb ***, having to ask for help, but again here we are.
To the point. have a 2001 Chrysler Seabring-4 door: so here are its symptoms and forgive me for dragging this out.
It rained yesterday, went and got a new stereo, factory one quit. heard sloshing noises in the rear, found it to be the drain plug in the passenger rear door clogged, and the door filled half way or more to the top. didn't think too much about it , drained it and went to installing the stereo.
installed it, turned it on; it came on for about 5 seconds, shut off, and never returned to life again. And neither did my turn signals, security system, interior lights. Also, my security keys will only work with the ignition turned on. checked all fuses that I know of. Please help me if you can. Thank you.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:12 AM

There is a fuse box under the hood and another fuse box at the left end of the dash. Pop off the cover on the left end of the dash (only visible with the driver's door open, and look for a fuse in the center of the panel that has "ears" on it. It might be that fuse. Mean while, double-check your installation and be sure you haven't crossed any wires and make sure the new stereo isn't drawing too much current.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome aboard! This is a great place to have all your questions answered by the many experts on here. Lot's of good ideas and advice here.

Feel free to ask any questions if needed!