New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

I need help identifying why this part is called so I can replace it

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Default I need help identifying why this part is called so I can replace it

What is this beige strip called that is soft? I went to clean it with a wet rag and it rubbed a lot of the fuzzy stuff off and now it's black. Can someone please help me figure out what this is call d so I could replace it? I had called a dealership to order the part and they said it was the "weatherstrip" that I needed but when I googled it, it showed me that black foam thing that wraps around which is not what I am looking for. They don't know what I'm talking about so any help would be appreciated. If anyone could help me figure out how to post a picture without having to do the link I could post a picture.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:51 PM

Please post a picture or at least tell us what kind and year of car you are talking about and where on the car the part is located. "Beige strip that is soft" is pretty vague.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Default How to post a pic?

Originally Posted by Eb954
What is this beige strip called that is soft? I went to clean it with a wet rag and it rubbed a lot of the fuzzy stuff off and now it's black. Can someone please help me figure out what this is call d so I could replace it? I had called a dealership to order the part and they said it was the "weatherstrip" that I needed but when I googled it, it showed me that black foam thing that wraps around which is not what I am looking for. They don't know what I'm talking about so any help would be appreciated. If anyone could help me figure out how to post a picture without having to do the link I could post a picture.
heres a picture
[img]webkit-fake-url://c1c1ad60-7350-4f81-b59e-fb265e03837d/imagejpeg[/img]

Old 02-22-2017, 10:59 AM
Default On my end I see the picture but when I click it nothing appears. How do I post pictur

heres a picture
[img]webkit-fake-url://c1c1ad60-7350-4f81-b59e-fb265e03837d/imagejpeg[/img]
how do you post pictures???

Old 02-23-2017, 06:35 PM

I think you are allowed to post pictures after the admins decide you're not a spammer.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:48 PM
Default Okay so I will try and post a link to an image instead...

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
I think you are allowed to post pictures after the admins decide you're not a spammer.
If you go to this link: http://www.moibbk.com/Chrysler%20300.html
and than scroll down to Image #14 it will show the front inside of a 300 from the drivers seat view. Directly up on the left side of the driver a/c vent there is a skinny beige strip that starts there and goes all the way up and around. This is the part I need to replace and cannot find out the name of it. It is supposed to be beige but since I took a wet washcloth to it I must have rubbed some of the soft stuff off and now it's black underneath. I called the Chrysler dealership and they told me the only thing they can think of is the weatherstrip but I googled that and weatherstrip is a black foam looking strip which is not what I'm looking for. If you could help me with this it would relieve so much stress! Nobody seems to know what this piece is called or better yet what I'm even talking about.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:05 PM

Go to chryslerparts.net
Click on "300 Parts" (Left column)
Select your year
Click on the "Body Hardware/Trim" button
Select the "Pillars, Rocker & Floor" category
Select "Interior Trim"
Select W/S Pillar Trim ["W/S" stands for "windshield"]
Click on the parts diagram and find your part.

OR

Go to the dealership (don't call on the phone) and talk to the guy at the parts counter. Tell him what your problem is. He will pull up the parts diagram on his computer and you can point to the part. He can order it for you.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Go to chryslerparts.net
Click on "300 Parts" (Left column)
Select your year
Click on the "Body Hardware/Trim" button
Select the "Pillars, Rocker & Floor" category
Select "Interior Trim"
Select W/S Pillar Trim ["W/S" stands for "windshield"]
Click on the parts diagram and find your part.

OR

Go to the dealership (don't call on the phone) and talk to the guy at the parts counter. Tell him what your problem is. He will pull up the parts diagram on his computer and you can point to the part. He can order it for you.
not that part but right next to it on the left side...
okay so I just googled that pice and that's not it but it's close to it. The strip in looking for is next to that piece on the left side. Thanks

Old 02-24-2017, 03:44 PM

not that part but right next to it on the left side...
okay so I just googled that pice and that's not it but it's close to it. The strip in looking for is next to that piece on the left side. Thanks
I'm going to do what you suggested and go to the dealership and have them pull up a diagram so I can point out the piece because I've been on the internet trying to figure this out for months now with no luck. Thank you for your help