New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

New to forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Default New to forum

Hi I am new to the Chrysler forum. I am a mechanic and joined to help others and also be helped with my Chrysler Grand Voyager 2003 2.5Crd and share any hints and tips.
Had it for nearly a year and only just found this site recently. Faults i have fixed to date;
New a/c pump electro clutch and condenser with new receiver dryer.
Changed the thermostat which was a good 3-4 hour job,
front geometry corrected as really uneven tyre wear.
Horrible clunking noise at the front.
Rear boot switch stopped working.

Add ons;
All interior lights changed to LED's. Battery drain is almost 0 apart from the usual live systems.
Just fitted a 15" overhead dvd system, need to check the kids are still in the car its soooooooo quiet. A must have if you dont already have one. So much better than the headrest variants in my opinion.
Fitted towbar with twin electrics ready for travelling to the South of France in the summer.

Just need to tackle the rear crank seals and pretty certain the clutch will need doing at the same time without disturbing the master and slave cylinder (touch wood). And in the next 15000 miles the cam belt will need to be changed.

Really glad I have became a member on this site and look forward to interacting with you helpful people in the future.

Dan

Old 04-26-2014, 03:36 PM

Also forgot to mention that both front windows started to give up but on further investigation and a strip down i found that the carbon brushes were pretty much worn out. A quick run to the scrappy to get some brushes from a random car, file them to size, solder them in then silicone grease the runners and they are working like new again. No need for a complete new regulator at rip off dealers prices.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Smile Grand Voyager 2.5 CRD Limited 2004

Hi,

I'm also new to this site, which was recommended by my brother. He has the standard Voyager and loves it!!

I've had a problem today, (purely down to ignorance on my part I fear). Sat in the car to eat my lunch today with the side door open, being a lovely sunny day....came to open the boot and it wouldn't open with the key fob!! When I tried to start the car it was dead!! Only had this car a few days and I was totally naffed off quite honestly, however, my brother rang tonight and told me not to worry and that it had happened to him, shortly after he bought his! He had the doors open to vacuum and because all the lights were on, the battery completely drained. He has now told me about disabling the lights, but also suggested changing the bulbs to LED. I noticed that you have done this too!! What would you recommend and where do I get them from please?

Old 04-30-2014, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lotso
Hi,

I'm also new to this site, which was recommended by my brother. He has the standard Voyager and loves it!!

I've had a problem today, (purely down to ignorance on my part I fear). Sat in the car to eat my lunch today with the side door open, being a lovely sunny day....came to open the boot and it wouldn't open with the key fob!! When I tried to start the car it was dead!! Only had this car a few days and I was totally naffed off quite honestly, however, my brother rang tonight and told me not to worry and that it had happened to him, shortly after he bought his! He had the doors open to vacuum and because all the lights were on, the battery completely drained. He has now told me about disabling the lights, but also suggested changing the bulbs to LED. I noticed that you have done this too!! What would you recommend and where do I get them from please?
Hi, yes definitely don't worry just a lesson that I have also learnt several times until I found out about the dimming switch. Now out of habit I always switch it off even with the LEDs fitted. If you search item number 140438866745 on eBay this will give you an idea of what you are looking for. Pretty much the same as I paid and work and look great. Took a few days to get used to the crisp white rather than dull yellow glow but I personally think it' looks awesome and very modern looking for an 11 year old car. Let me know how you get on or if there is anything else I can help with. Just ordered the rear crank seals today so got that to look forward to next week.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Default LED's

Thanks for the Ebay info on the LED lights. I will now be changing to those too. The white certainly from the picture looks a lot better.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:03 PM

Brilliant, good luck with fitting the new LED's. They really are smart and also brighter for the kids in the back or for looking for something at night.
Trying not to insult but might help some, when you purchase the LED's just note that being a diode they will only work if fitted the correct way around. Obviously if it doesn't light up just swap it around 180 degrees and try again.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Default update

Just installed a set of aero wiper blades for front and rear. Only a small upgrade but they look smart and work really well. A lot better than the chrysler recommended rubbish that squeaks and performs poorly. All for less than £10 from my best friend Ebay.

Bloody rear view mirror fell off whilst driving on Wednesday just before the MOT. Loctite multi bond worked a treat. Much better than the sticky pads.

Also, for anyone with twin towing electrics (12n + 12s) today i did a bit of soldering to make use of the unused pins to combine the load for the fridge circuit to avoid voltage drops and pin 7 burnout. Very good article if anyone is interested in attempting this or is that way inclined and just fancies a read.
Centre Pin Burn Out - Top Tips - Caravan Talk

Old 06-14-2014, 04:05 AM

[QUOTE=royal100805;79814]

Bloody rear view mirror fell off whilst driving on Wednesday just before the MOT. Loctite multi bond worked a treat. Much better than the sticky pads.

Hello royal100805 I'm new here, my husband has a Chrysler Grand Voyager and the rear view mirror fell off yesterday, I was just wondering if you could tell me where you got the Loctite and how easy it was to stick it back on?
Any advice you can give would be very helpful, thanks.
Kind regards, Becca

Old 06-16-2014, 12:21 AM

Hi becca2405,
I got the strongest loctite multibond from a local motor factors. I'm sure you will be able to get the same in your area or maybe a halfords. I first cleaned the glass and the small mounting plate then gently rubbed 800 grit on both surfaces to give it a key to bond better. I put glue on the mounting plate and activator on the glass. Held in place for 5-10 mins then left over night before screwing the mirror onto it when the glue had set firm. Just make sure the plate gets stuck on the right way. You will know what I mean when you unscrew it from the mirror arm. Hope that helps.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:00 PM

H! me nehere welocome me!

Quick Reply: New to forum