Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit A Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Default P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit A Malfunction

Anyone ever dealt with this code before?

P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit A Malfunction

I just bought this car at 77K miles and I dont have a manual yet that I can utilize to sort this out. I can see a number of sensors on the front and back of the transmission. Does anyone know which one is the input speed sensor? Is that code really refering to that specific sensor?

The car is shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd gears, not every time though. So I'm deducting that the speed sensor malfunction is throwing off it's timing in those gears.

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:18 PM

Assuming it's an 04

Hope this helps

Old 03-14-2009, 12:02 AM

You are a life saver, pictures too, thank you!!

Yes it is an 04 sorry I forgot to mention that!

Old 03-15-2009, 04:27 AM

I stopped at the dealership today and picked up an Input Speed Sensor for the transmission, it was not available at my local Napa Auto Parts. The part was $28 at the dealership, not to bad.

Took me all of 5 minutes start to finish to replace the sensor. It was exactly in the spot the above diagrams show.

It took a 1" socket, but you either need an extension or a universal socket extension as the coolant lines prevent direct access. I used a universal socket extension.

First I disconnected the battery, I explain below. Then unclip the wire plug from the old sensor and move it aside, then brake the sensor loose with your socket, then you can hand loosen it the rest of the way. Screw in the new one, tighten with the socket, reclip on the wire plug and you're done.

When I asked the dealership about wether the transmission needed to relearn anything they said yes they recommended "flashing it with their computer" to reteach the transmission. I read online that disconnecting the battery will do the same thing, but just take longer as the car relearns itself. The dealership wanted $108 to flash the transmission and I decided to take the battery approach.

After doing all of this the error codes cleared themselves, the check engine light went off by itself. I hooked up my ODBII scanner to verify this and also checked the ready codes, things all checked out and it seems to be shifting just fine now.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 PM

Pretty cool fix. Glad it worked out for you.

Fixit

Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by 04pacifica
Anyone ever dealt with this code before?

P0715 Input/ABS Speed Sensor Circuit A Malfunction

I just bought this car at 77K miles and I dont have a manual yet that I can utilize to sort this out. I can see a number of sensors on the front and back of the transmission. Does anyone know which one is the input speed sensor? Is that code really refering to that specific sensor?

The car is shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd gears, not every time though. So I'm deducting that the speed sensor malfunction is throwing off it's timing in those gears.

Thanks for the help.
This error is from the "transmission module", it usually points to a bad speed sensor. My car has a speed sensor in the rear of the transmission, it is located under the battery box, near the ground in the lower part of the tranny near the firewall..

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 08-30-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Default 2002 Town & Country PO715 code

Amoco replaced my transmission on 3-3-10. Engine light just came on tody on my 2002 Town & Country shows PO715. (Input Turbine Sensor Circuit) It has been shifting back into low gear very roughly. Engine acts like it's going to quit. The heater/air fan has been going off, stays off a minute or so, and comes back on. I don't know if that is related to the problem or not.

Now Amoco tells me that the Sensor Control is bad and they are going to replace it. My question is, "Is my problem more serious than just a bad sensor, or am I going to experience a quicker transmission failure than normal?"

At this point I don't even know if my warranty is still in. But I don't like the idea of Amoco's putting a "band-aid type repair" on it, knowing that this will delay (beyond warranty) what is eventually going to become another transmission replacement.

How serious can this problem be?

MidiDoctor

Old 08-27-2012, 12:59 AM

Hi,

Can 04pacifica or mrfixit454, put back the picture (diagram), and tell me what sensor did you change.

Thanks

John

Old 09-01-2012, 12:51 PM

good ideas and concepts, lots of great information which we all need, helpful iformation. I would like to thank you for the efforts you shown remarkble writing skill in this nice thread.