Site News, Updates and Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! Tips and tricks for site use can also be found here, just take a look.

1984 Lebaron mark cross convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Default 1984 Lebaron mark cross convertible

1984 Chrysler Lebaron convertible Mark Cross Edition $2500 obo

This is a special "Mark Cross" edition 1984 Chrysler Lebaron. This was a limited production car that came with a full leather interior (Mark Cross leather) and had an MSRP of $15,495 back in 1984! The car sports the large 2.6L Mitsubishi 4 cylinder engine which runs great! I have maintained this vehicle very well and it runs just as good as it looks! Believe it or not, the 2.6L engine is the only 4 cylinder engine to utilize a hemispherical combustion chamber, so in other words, it's got a "hemi"! This car has been to several car shows over the years and has won several rewards. It gets praise and attention wherever it goes!
MECHANICAL / RUNNING GEAR

Mechanically, this car has been practically rebuilt from the ground up. You won't find a nicer running Lebaron than this! The 2.6L Mitsubishi runs smoothly and quietly as it should. This engine has Mitsubishi's silent shaft system which counteracts the natural vibrations typically found in 4-cylinder engines. The result? A smooth revving and running engine unlike no other! The engine runs great and has had a lot of love poured into it. At 100k, the car received a full tune up and the following new parts (distributor, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, air filter, pcv, valve cover gasket, oil pump, oil pan gasket, both the timing and the silent shaft chains as well as the sprockets, belts, rebuilt carburetor, new tires and a rebuilt alternator. This engine has a solid valve train and the valves were adjusted at this time as well. I didn't skimp on the quality of the parts put into this car - I used top notch parts, like Melling, Cloyes, Moog and OEM Mopar as needed. Around 115k, I had the transmission fully rebuilt (not because of failure, but just as a matter of course) and it comes with a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty from the transmission shop. At that time, both front drive axles were replaced and shortly after, the car received a full front brake job (calipers rebuilt, new rotors, new pads and new wheel bearings). The suspension was completely overhauled (new springs front and back, all new bushings, ball joints, struts and shocks). The exhaust is completely new from the cat back. At 121k, the A/C was completely overhauled (new condensor, new hoses, new compressor, new radiator and hoses) and converted to use R134a. It blows real cold.

EXTERIOR
The paint on the car was professionally redone by the previous owner and is in excellent shape. In fact, it amazes me how well the paint retains it's shine between washes...something my other car's paint doesn't do. There is a minor dimple on the front right fender. The top is in great shape and goes up and down without a problem. The rear window is glass and seals out the weather just great!

INTERIOR
While the Mark Cross leather has definitely held up very nicely, there are some minor blemishes in the front seats commonly found in a 26 year old car. Both seats have some cracking in the leather on the side bolsters and there is an area on the passenger side bolster that has split slightly. The driver's side seat belt receptacle has been replaced with one from a red interior-ed car. Other than that, the interior is quite nice. The dashboard has no cracks and the rear seat is in great shape. The driver's side seat is powered and works great. Everything else is in good shape - gauges all work and are accurate; interior lights function; radio in the dash works well and the famous voice alert performs flawlessly! In the trunk is the original spare tire, jack and lug wrench. The carpeting is in great shape. Included with the sale is a leather boot to cover the top when it's down.

I've tried to cover all the high points, but feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or picture requests. peterandbrianna@gmail.com