Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/300m-concorde-lhs-new-yorker-19/)
-   -   99 300M passenger power window and all door locks (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/300m-concorde-lhs-new-yorker-19/99-300m-passenger-power-window-all-door-locks-23298/)

allg32 11-10-2014 06:27 PM

99 300M passenger power window and all door locks

OK on my passenger side front window it will roll down but not back up. I switched switches from another door and the same issue happens. I can make the window roll up and down if I directly power it so I know the motor is good. I put the switch on the back door and it works like its supposed too. all the door locks were working but now they have stopped as well. any ideas on how to track this down. the same relay that runs the power seats also runs the door locks and the seats all work correctly.

Help me out fellas

CHRYSLER TECH 11-11-2014 12:00 PM

grab ya a wire diagram and see where the power and ground for that side of the switch comes from prob a broken wire some where

allg32 11-11-2014 06:11 PM

would there be a common ground or wire for all of these?
the lights on my door lock switches are working but the locks do not operate, also my radio and clock are now not working and my garage opener that was programmed in doesnt work. When I start the car the horn will beep once, could it be something to do with the anti theft? I unhooked the battery to see if it would reset but all isues are still there

allg32 11-14-2014 09:49 PM

No Help

So no one has any ideas on why this is happening? I can understand one or maybe two things being affected by a ground issue or maybe even a fuse or relay but not all of them at once.

CHRYSLER TECH 11-16-2014 01:28 AM

what did you find out with the powers and grounds like I asked? or are u waiting for some one to give u an answer to what it is?

allg32 11-16-2014 08:02 PM

I have power to the windows and door locks, have not found a bad ground from the initial problem of the window rolling down but not up fuses and relays are all good switches are good. tried resetting everything by disconnecting the battery but not sure if I left it unhooked long enough.
Could it be something to do with the anti theft, why does my horn honk once when I start the car?
Could it be a problem with the bcm, can I reset it?

And yes I would love for someone to tell me what the problem is, if I could figure it out myself I wouldn't be asking for help.
I don't usually just jump on here until I have done what I know to do to figure a problem out
Surely an experienced Chrysler Tech like yourself has seen this before and has some kind of idea besides "grab a wire diagram" , hell even a dumb ole shade tree like myself knows to start there.

CHRYSLER TECH 11-17-2014 11:27 AM

An experienced Chrysler tech will tell u to do the same thing. Not all problems have the same cause each time unless its a known issues which this is not. U have power and ground from the switch on teh pass side? then the window will work so ooo what are u missing power or ground to the pass side switch not allowing the motor to work? The wire diagram will give that insite. Common scene why would an anti theft system stop one window from working? and the BCM does not control the windows this is ere that wire diagram i asked for you o get comes in handy no guess work. Why your horn honks could be an aftermarket alarm system who knows.

allg32 11-19-2014 09:51 PM

Didn't really think the anti theft would be the window problem, was leaning more towards that being the reason the door locks suddenly quit working and the horn honking when started. Guess I'll be tearing it apart over Thanksgiving holiday!