300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

300M Turn Signal Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Question 300M Turn Signal Issues

First post, though I've been lurking on this board for a long time. I couldn't find any cases like mine through searching.

A few months ago, my right turn signal on my 1999 Chrysler 300M began staying lit all of the time whenever my headlights were on. The right signal worked normally during the day, but just stayed solid at night. I found after a couple minutes of poking around that a bundle of insulated wires was hanging down from the middle of my front bumper fascia. When I moved these wires around, the right turn signal would flicker on and off. I put the wires back up into the fascia and the problem stopped.

About a month ago, both of my turn signals just simply stopped working. Jiggling the wires has no effect on this. I checked the fuses and everything looks fine. I've thought about trying to just replace the flasher, but the previous problems stated in the last paragraph make me think it might be something else, something simpler.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my inspection is about to go out and I don't really have the money to take the car in for this signal problem at the moment. Thanks!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:57 AM

AH HA! Someone with the same problem as me... only mine is slightly different. I have a 02 300M and during the day.... the turn signals work normally. At night... with just the headlights on... NO fog lights activated... I repeat the headlight switch is pushed IN... The turn signals flash quickly... kinda like a bulb is burned out. Both sides act the same way. Now I go and pull the fog light switch on the main switch... My turn signal indicators on my dash glow very dim... and the fogs do not turn on. Ive been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. If anyone has any insight and would care to share... That would be awesome. Because I don't want to be throwing parts like wiring harnesses/switches/modules at the car without any knowledge.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:00 AM

Sorry about this second post but I will add... All the bulbs work normally during the day and night. So it is not a bad bulb in my case.