Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-36/)
-   -   Adding Music to Uconnect Hard Drive (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-36/adding-music-uconnect-hard-drive-20174/)

gtotgo 08-05-2013 02:28 PM

Adding Music to Uconnect Hard Drive

Hi All
I just went through a learning experience loading music to the Uconnect Hard Drive on my new Chrysler 200, So I thought I should post information to help others. Here is how I did it:
1. Use Windows Media Player (WMP) to making a playlist of the music you would like to add. You can add WMA, MP3 and M4A (I-Tunes) files.
2. Insert a high capacity thumb drive in your computer.
3. Creat a folder on the thumb drive called 'My Music'.
4. With the playlist on the right side of the player, select the Synch tab.
5. The synch command should appear halfway down the right column. It will say Synch 'playlist name' to 'G:\'. or other USB Port.
6. Make the synch selection, then allow the computer to copy the files.
7. When the copying is finished, open Windows Explorer (WE).
8. The file folders on the thumb drive will be sorted by group name then a sub folder with the album name. Since the Uconnect will not recognize folders that do not have music files, you will have to move all of the music files out of the album folders and into the group's root folder. Do this for all of your groups. NOTE: The maximum number of groups the Uconnect can recognize is 480. If you have more than 480 groups on your playlist you will have to combine some of music in the group folders so Uconnect can read them all. I made "Miscellaneous" folders and put songs from groups that I had only a few songs from, such as Misc Jazz, Misc Blues, Misc 80's Music, Etc.
9. When you have moved all of the music files out of the album folders, delete the now empty album folders.
10. The thumb drive is now ready to be installed on the Uconnect.
11. Plug the thumb drive into the Uconnect.
12. Press the 'My Files' hard button.
13. Press the 'My Music' soft button.
14. Press the 'Add Music to HDD' Soft button.
15. Select the 'My Music' folder on the thumb drive.
16. Start the download. (find something else to do for a while.)
17. Enjoy your music collection on your Uconnect Hard Drive.

Old Salt 11-22-2013 08:57 AM

Where to find specs

In your paragraph #8, you mention some Uconnect specs. Where can I find these and other specs? I'm having some problems with my first-ever Uconnect system playing my music, and if I knew what I was doing, I'd feel better.

gtotgo 11-26-2013 11:51 AM

The 480 folder limit spec came from my own trial and error process of transferring music to the hard drive. On my initial try my memory stick had approximately 560 folders and after installation I noticed that there were no groups past the letter T. I scrolled down to the bottom of the list at page 120 with 4 folders per page. That's how I came up with 480. I can't find that info in any of the owners manuals. The radio manual is "2011_Radio_Book_RBZ-OM-1st.pdf". If you do a Google search with that name, the first page that comes up is Chrysler.com where you can download that manual. I have it on my computer and it is quite helpful. It is the manual for the Uconnect 430 RBZ radio. I hope that this is the same radio you have. This manual also states that "Only folders that contain song files are copied to the Hard Disk Drive." on page 45. I hope this information is helpful for you.