Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-36/)
-   -   RBZ audio system UNSATISFACTORY (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-36/rbz-audio-system-unsatisfactory-16390/)

Unsatisfiedw-RBZ 12-15-2011 07:39 AM

RBZ audio system UNSATISFACTORY

Our 2010 T&C with RBZ audio option leaves much to be desired. We are on our THIRD unit and the problem still exists. When the MEDIA button is pushed, the HDD screen appears and then the whole system shuts down. After several reboots, the radio function finally returns and the volume is at 0. The second unit is the only one I was able to load music files to by way of the USB port. After loading the files I pushed the MEDIA button to play the tunes and the units froze up and again shut doown. I then had a THIRD unit installed and just like the original unit, I couldn't load any file to the HDD and when MEDIA selected, the system froze up and shut down. I later found out the Chrysler had CLOSED my file and only after contacting my dealer, was it reopened. The dealer tried loading file to vehicles, on their showroom floor, that had the same RBZ unit and suffered the same problem as I have. When tried in a different model audio system, everything worked fine. What do I have to do to get a TOTALLY workable audio system in a $30,000 PLUS vehicle???

CHRYSLER TECH 12-15-2011 07:53 AM

not to sounds like an ass but I am gonna go out on a limb and say its possible that the files u are using are the cause of it. The chance 3 different unit having the same prob it highly unlikely. So much that u have a better chance of getting hit by lighting then a car then an air place b4 u would get 3 units to have the same issue with the same files. Try a different format or USB stick or what ever else u are using to put the files on there.

Unsatisfiedw-RBZ 12-15-2011 03:55 PM

File downloaded was a wma filee. The unit loaded the file, I then removed the flash drive from the USB port and I then selected the MEDIA. The screen showed HDD highlighted and on the screen it showed 1 file. The manual says to select BROWSE. When I do, nothing happens. Selecting other choices also gives no results. Then a LOUD THUD is heard from the speakers as the system goes DEAD. It will keep cycling on and off to the MEDIA screen without my doing anything. The only way to get the unit to start in the RADIO mode is to tap the RADIO button repeatedly as the system is booting up. When it does come on, the volume is at 0.

Even with NO FILES loaded onto the HDD, the system still freezes up and shuts down when the MEDIA button is pushed. This tells me that there must be a software or other problem with teh RBZ systems. Me dealer has also tried to load a file onto a RBZ unit on their showroom floor and got the same results with 2 different cars. A 3rd car, with a different model system accepted and played the file just fine.

Next idea for resolving this problem is Chrysler's.
Even with NO files loaded on the HDD, the ubnit

CHRYSLER TECH 12-15-2011 07:16 PM

ok then must be a software issue its not Chrysler its the people that made the radio.
there might be a software update in the works

there is a software update I see right now check this see if u have the highest ver avail

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
· The display may appear to be dimly lit when in backup camera mode (if equipped).
· Screen fonts to small or unclear.
· Video playback, display to bright.
· Audio playback, sound quality/frequency response could be improved.
· Hands free call information does not display caller ID.
· Bluetooth streaming audio information is incomplete.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer experiences any listed Symptom/Condition(s) perform the following:
1. Check the radio software version.
a. Press “Menu” button on the radio.
b. Press “System Setup” touch screen soft key.
c. Press “System Information” touch screen soft key.
d. The software level is the number reported after the word “Application”.
2. Is the radio software version at 8.05, or greater?
a. YES >>> This service bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis may be required.
b. NO >>>> Perform the repair procedure

TNtech 12-15-2011 09:21 PM

Where did you get the wma files from? A CD or I tunes?