Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Brand News, Concepts & Rumors (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-rumors-7/)
-   -   Chrysler Uconnect gets dealer-activated navigation, new infotainment features (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/brand-news-concepts-rumors-7/chrysler-uconnect-gets-dealer-activated-navigation-new-infotainment-features-18881/)

Chrysler Forum Editor 01-06-2013 11:09 PM

Chrysler Uconnect gets dealer-activated navigation, new infotainment features

Filed under: CES, Technology, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, Infotainment, Ram

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....onnect-ces.jpg

Get in just about any mid-level Chrysler product these days, and you'll see a touchscreen head unit that would be perfect for a navigation system. The only thing is that some of these cars equipped with the head unit for Chrysler's Uconnect infotainment system were not optioned up with navigation at the time of purchase, leaving drivers looking for turn-by-turn directions relying on either an aftermarket nav system or a smartphone. Starting on select new Chrysler products, however, customers with Uconnect will now be able to upgrade to navigation as a dealer-activated option.

Announced at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show, this new element of Uconnect will allow owners to have an in-dash navigation system installed quickly and easily; Chrysler said that this will be a major benefit for used-car buyers. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like this system will be retroactive on previous Uconnect head units, but it will launch this year on the 2013 Ram 1500, 2013 SRT Viper and the 2014 Fiat 500L. Chrysler did not announce the expected MSRP to have dealers activate the navigation capabilities.

Another infotainment option for Chrysler buyers is the Uconnect Access system that can allow WiFi, voice text messaging, emergency assistance, remote vehicle operation (such as starting the engine or locking/unlocking the doors) and limited POI searches using Bing. Also introduced at CES, the new Uconnect Access via Mobile system builds on this by allowing users to add in-car apps such as iHeart Radio, Pandora and Slacker by connecting to the system via a smartphone. This system will first be offered on the 2013 Ram and Viper.

For more information about Chrysler's Uconnect system announced at CES, check out the press release posted after the jump.Continue reading Chrysler Uconnect gets dealer-activated navigation, new infotainment features

Chrysler Uconnect gets dealer-activated navigation, new infotainment features originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 07 Jan 2013 00:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

NH_USA 06-24-2013 03:03 PM

My new 2013 T&C came with the RHR Nav radio that includes Uconnect 730.
It is very limited in it's list of compatible phones (only 38 T-Mobile phones and 33 AT&T Phones). It is almost useless.

The Uconnect system is made by Johnston Controls and marketed as Blue Connect - JC/Blue Connect list over 100 phones for T-Mobile but refer all Uconnect questions to Chrysler that only says " A list of compatible phones is on our web site"
it would be nice if Chrysler got it's act together..

CarmenE 08-12-2013 04:40 PM

Just purchased a 2014 500L

Is there any way to download / activate the nav system excluding the chrysler dealer? They want a $700 service fee to activate it.

lovetocamp 08-25-2013 07:29 PM

It probably won't work

I have the factory Nav system and it's useless when you're moving. As a safety issues Chrysler has decided it's too dangerous for my wife to input info into the system while we are moving. So now we leave a 2013 T&C home and drive her Acura. Sure it has verbal commands but if you try to find a Point of interest it doesn't work and Chrysler has no clue how to fix it. This is my LAST Chrysler. :mad:

Aspen_2008 09-03-2013 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by lovetocamp (Post 72797)
I have the factory Nav system and it's useless when you're moving. As a safety issues Chrysler has decided it's too dangerous for my wife to input info into the system while we are moving. So now we leave a 2013 T&C home and drive her Acura. Sure it has verbal commands but if you try to find a Point of interest it doesn't work and Chrysler has no clue how to fix it. This is my LAST Chrysler. :mad:

Check out:

How Do I Bypass my Factory DVD - Video in Motion

This company sells a bypass so you can use the navigation system and play dvds while driving. I know it doesn't have a harness listed for the '13 T&C but they may have one sooner or later.