Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   01 Sebring 2.7L Elec Problems? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/01-sebring-2-7l-elec-problems-11492/)

djmeedo 05-16-2010 06:50 AM

01 Sebring 2.7L Elec Problems?

hi guys,

I just got a 2001 sebring sedan (2.7L) and I am having some problems with it, wondering if you could lead me in the right direction, or give me an idea what to look for.

1. Power Locks work on every door except driver. Remote works with all other doors except the driver door. when its cold, the lock SOMETIMES works, depending on the car's mood.

2. Power windows only work from the drivers controls. All other window switches dont work (there is a little green light on the switches that are lit up....but the switch wont work). Also the back left side window doesn't work at all, not through its own switch or the driver's controls.

There are other things with the car (AC no cold air, "clunk" or small "pop" when going over bumps) that are easier (for me) to troubleshoot i guess, its just this electrical stuff that I am lost about.

thanks and appreciate the help.

dcotter0579 05-16-2010 04:48 PM

The lock motors are built into the latches. Could be that your driver's door latch needs to be looked at or replaced. Wiring to the doors can eventually go bad due to the flexing of the wiring that occurs with opening and closing of the door. After nine years, that could be the problem, but that's only a guess. There's a switch in the driver's door that can lock out the window switches of all the other doors. Make sure that locking switch is working correctly.
As for the rear door window that doesn't work at all, could be a bad motor or wiring or switch or....who knows? You'll need to tear into it to track that down.
As for the A/C, start by charging the system with R134a to see if that will wake it up. If it won't hold a charge, you'll have to track down the leak.
The "clunk" could be lots of things, brakes, sway bar link, struts...your guess is better than mine.
This stuff aint rocket science. With a digital volt-ohm meter, some patience and using your head, you can probably track down all those faults. If you can hunt down a shop manual on the web, it'll have wiring diagrams which could focus some of your efforts and reduce the guesswork.
Check back in here as you make progress.

starzz 04-26-2011 09:56 PM

It appears that the OP disappeared and this thread died... I figured I'd jump in instead of starting new as I have a similar issue, namely...

Originally Posted by djmeedo (Post 37248)
2. Power windows only work from the drivers controls. All other window switches dont work (there is a little green light on the switches that are lit up....but the switch wont work).

Never had a problem operating power windows from the driver's switch -- at the same time I was NEVER able to operate individual passenger side windows from their switches. Probably window lock button broke on the master switch. (It clicks but does not yield results.) Any advice as to how to best go about the diagnosis and repair?

Djinn-n-Tonic 04-26-2011 10:39 PM

ok...Does the Drivers rear window work from its own switch? Or is Only the passenger side affected?

starzz 04-27-2011 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic (Post 49117)
ok...Does the Drivers rear window work from its own switch? Or is Only the passenger side affected?

Sorry... I meant that only the master switch works - the one on driver's door. The other three do not.

starzz 04-30-2011 08:53 AM

Would it make sense to replace the master switch or could there be a circuit problem?